1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2009 11:09 PM by Dthompkins

USMT using Username variable in template.

Rookie

Hi,

I was reading the "Steps to use User State Migration Tool (USMT) to capture a profile"

Provisioning - Steps to use User State Migration Tool (USMT) to capture a profile

Is there anyway to use the username variable, I would like to target just the logged in user and use the username for the store?

"C:\Program Files\USMT301\ScanState.exe" \\server\share\User_Store\%username% /targetxp /o /c /i:miguser.xml /i:migsys.xml /i:migapp.xml /Config:ConfigScan.xml /ue:* /ui:%USERDOMAIN%\%username%

I probably am going use the /ue:* /uel:0 switches to just to migrate the currently logged on user but I still would like the store to be the user name.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: USMT using Username variable in template.
          Apprentice

If the machine exists in the LANDesk database already and has the username from the inventory scan you can use a variable in the provisioning template that is replaced with the inventory variable at runtime~ create either an action or template variable of type "Database Value".  Assuming you can use the login name or primary user values in the database you can set the value as follows:

Computer."Login Name"

Computer."Primary Owner"

This will query the LANDesk database and replace the variable with the value you want at run time~