3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 5:56 AM by ahe

Error while executing batch file

Apprentice

Hi,

Am trying to push "full Inventory scan" through batch file and am getting the below mentioned error on maximum of the desktops,

The status of the machine is showing as "Off" and on the result its shows"Cannot find agent (different agent responded)".

The machiines is ON then also the status is showing as "off".

Landesk Server details,

Landesk Version:- 8.7

Service Pack :- Sp4

• 1. Re: Error while executing batch file
          Employee

Sounds like you may have a couple problems.  Is your DNS in order.  If you ping these systems is the appropriate machine responding.  That would be something to look into.

Why a batch file to do an inventory scan?  There is a pre-canned script that you can run on your systems.

• 2. Re: Error while executing batch file
            Apprentice

Hi ,

Am doiing the inventory scan through Batch file since the pre-canned script doesnt send a full inventory scan, its just sends a mini scan.

is there any way that i can send a full inventory scan.

My DNS is working fine am getting the appropriate results after pinging the desktops.

• 3. Re: Error while executing batch file
              ahe Expert

Hello,

command line for full inventory scan:

"C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\LDISCN32.EXE" /NTT=<full_qualified_core_server_name>:5007 /S=full_qualified_core_server_name  /I=HTTP://full_qualified_core_server_name/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /V /F

But as Ty mentioned, it seems you've a DNS problem. Try a ping to a client and then make a nslookup of the ip address...

Mostly the result is that a other computer answers...

Regards

Axel