7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 9:23 AM by Lara Hellman

Email imports with SA as raise user

Apprentice

What causes MailManager to import an email and create a ticket with the raise user as SA? How can I fix it so the raise user is the originator of the email? The raise user is correctly entered as a user and the email address is correct.

• 1. Re: Email imports with SA as raise user
          Apprentice

Anyone? It sends a responce email back to the raise user, so I know Touchpaper knows who the email came from. Why doesn't it apply the raise user when it creates the incident?

• 2. Re: Email imports with SA as raise user
            Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Sara,

Is this an intermittent problem or does it occur on every mail created by MailManager?  Is it definitely the Raise User attribute you're looking at?  - The Create User of anything created by Inbund Mail will be the user that the service logs in to TPS as (which by default is SA).

The other thing that might be happening here is that your Window Handlers or Process are causing this, if you switch to a plain window with just the Raise User and Title attributes on it does the problem still occur?

Thanks,

Lara

• 3. Re: Email imports with SA as raise user
              afrogers Apprentice

I think Sara's request is for the CreateUser attribute to be the same as the RaiseUser attribute.  As Lara has already pointed out, SA will always be the CreateUser for any MailManager created incidents.  I do not see this as a problem, as the helps distinguish between incidents created automatically by MailManager and those incidents created by analysts.

• 4. Re: Email imports with SA as raise user
                Apprentice

SA as the create user is fine, but the raise user is SA as well, but it should be the user who initiated the email.

This works on our Production system, but does not work on our development system. I'm at a loss as to why. The user who sends an email to the account that touchpaper uses gets a reply generated by touchpaper stating that incident number ### has been created, but both the raise user (and the create user) are SA in the incident.

• 5. Re: Email imports with SA as raise user

Good morning Sara,

Ah, test system...  Are you using the same mail server?  Are the emails going to a 'test' account which then forwards them to the test mailbox? If you were to restore a backp of your live database over the test one are there any scripts you would run before using it - perhaps to change users' email addresses?

Thanks,

Lara

• 6. Re: Email imports with SA as raise user
                    Apprentice

The test system has it's own mail account, but if I set up the test system to use the live mail account they create tickets in the test system with raise user as SA. I can then mark that email as read and let it be picked up by the production system, which creates the ticket with the sender as the Raise User.

The only script I run after importing a backup into the dev system is one that changes all the End Users to internal notification. I'm mailing from an analysts account (my own), which does receive a 'ticket created' email back from Touchpaper.

It's seems there must be an XML or config file somewhere that dictates how that works!

• 7. Re: Email imports with SA as raise user

Hi Sara,

Hmm this is an interesting one.  Would you mind raising an Incident with your Support provider - I think we'll need to take a proper look at this for you.

Thanks,

Lara