4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2009 5:44 AM by PHR

Cant launch imagex in OSD script

I post from France and my english is very bad. Sorry

I encountered a problem in VMware test environment. I test OSD agent based and OSD with PXE REP.

I use a sysprepped image of Win XP SP3. Please take a look at the three line above (And read the log)

With OSD Agent based all start good but... the clent machine reboot with message ntldr missing

"POSTE02","OK",0,0:00:28,02/04/2009 16:21:56,02/04/2009 16:22:24,"cmd /c format /Y /FS:NTFS /Q /V:C-DRIVE c:"
      "POSTE02","OK",230227968,0:00:01,02/04/2009 16:22:24,02/04/2009 16:22:25,"cmd /c RunBatch -1 h:\bootsect.exe /nt52 SYS /force, STATUS FACILITY=3513, SYNC"
      "POSTE02","OK",230227968,0:00:00,02/04/2009 16:22:25,02/04/2009 16:22:25,"cmd /c RunBatch -1 h:\imagex.exe /apply i:\xpsp3.wim 1 C:, STATUS FACILITY=3513, SYNC"    

(I have added "cmd /c RunBatch -1 h:\bootsect.exe /nt52 SYS /force" because imagex dont start (Or stop after 1 second) but nothin has changed).

With PXE REP, imagex don't start. But i can open a new console and then typing imagex command manually and imagex works.

Imagex is from WinPE 2.0, and bootsect to.

Is it a problem?

As everyone encountered this problem ?

• 1. Re: Cant launch imagex in OSD script
          DANDesk Rookie

NT Loader error after placing an image on a machine is a common error for the Imagew.exe - it's a LANDesk bug. Versions 2.0.6, 2.1.5 and 2.2.4 all have various issues and you are fighting a common one. After spending over a month on this I recommend you don't spend another minute on this until LANDesk releases a version of Imagew.exe newer than 2.2.4

The problem (one of several) is mainly the format line in the script. Remove that and give it a try. Use their standard script and begin after WINPE line.

If it still doesn't work, post back in here and I'll share ours.

• 2. Re: Cant launch imagex in OSD script

Thanks for response.

first, I want to use Microsoft imagex.exe, (the images are in .wim format) and not LANDesk imagew.exe.

I will try to use some new basic OSD script, if there is a syntax error in advanced editing.

Here is the OSD log. It's strange that Scheduled Deployment task report SUCCESS_SUCCESS

• 3. Re: Cant launch imagex in OSD script
              DANDesk Rookie

Oops, imagex versus imagew. I think we're talking about the same end result though. I saw that brutal format command, imaging, and NT LDR error after placing down an image and that brought back horror. If you have certain Dell models, you may also see the machine always boot into diagnostics. I'm not familiar with imagex but if it uses the same method (by sector?) as LANDesk imagew you can delete your format command and it will work. I've been imaging that way for weeks while waiting for new imagew version and scripts from LANDesk. If imagex is more similiar to something like Ghost (by file?) then you'll need more script help.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

• 4. Re: Cant launch imagex in OSD script

Finally i find what's wrong. I have seen that it was a problem with drvmap in the log. Then I verified some Core Server configuration and simply add as necessary any Active Directory users groups in the Core Server's local LANDesk Management Suite group. From this moment, drvmap work fine and access to thirs party tools on shares like imagex or bootsect was functionnal.

DANDesk, thank's for help