4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2009 9:13 AM by LANDave

LANDesk AV and Lotus Notes R8

Rookie

Hi I am new to LANDesk and have just started using 8.8. I have been looking at the AV part of LANDesk, which I believe is built on the Kaspersky engine?

Does any one know if it full support Lotus Notes R8?

• 1. Re: LANDesk AV and Lotus Notes R8
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

If you're talking about Lotus Notes as an E-mail app, then no, we do not presently integrate with that. We have a plugin for Outlook, however.

If you're not talking about e-mail scanning, please specify what integration you'd like to see / you're asking about.

If this is a feature you're interested in / keen on, please feel free to log it as an enhancement request with support, and we'll take it on board .

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: LANDesk AV and Lotus Notes R8
            Rookie

Paul,

I have picked this from Simon and here is some more information on our query

We want to use landesk AV (kaspersky) on our clients which run 2000, Xp, Vista and we have notes client 6.5 and 8 on our machines as email app.

I was told there are some minor issues around proactive defence part of kaspersky with notes client on the computers( any info on this?), however we are not planning to use kaspersky mail store protection on our domino servers.

Looking at this, will it be alright for us to roll out landesk AV on our clients?

regards,

SS

• 3. Re: LANDesk AV and Lotus Notes R8
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

I'm personally not aware of any problems. But then, this is the sort of thing you should be looking at in your evaluation, to see if there is something potentially.

My main point was that we "only" have a plugin for Outlook (this is on the client PC as well) at this point, so other mail programs would not be checked as closely by our AV solution. If you've got an AV solution for your mail server centrally, then that may be sufficient for your view of things.

From my point of view, this should not be a problem - but as with all things, this is what evaluations and testing are for.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 4. Re: LANDesk AV and Lotus Notes R8
                LANDave SupportEmployee

Paul is correct.

Our LANDesk Antivirus does not have a plug-in for Lotus Notes, nor for the Domino Server.

Otherwise there is absolutely no problem utilizing LANDesk Antivirus on your desktops and servers.

You just will not have the integrated e-mail scanning.   The real-time protection should scan anything written to disk, or that is attempted to be executed, however.

The difference is, it won't proactively scan the e-mail.   The user would have to attempt to run or open the attachment.