5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2009 8:31 AM by guillaume.serton

Lock Incidents

Rookie

Does anyone know of a way to lock and incident when another analyst has it open?  We have a situation where I work where one group of people take the calls and create the incidents and another group works them out of a pool.  We contently run into the problem where 2 people will grab the same incident and start working it.  In past helpdesk software there has been a way to lock the incident and/or notify the second person that opens the incident that it is currently opened by another user.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Lock Incidents
          aparker Employee

At present there is nothing that prevents this from happening that is visible to the user. There are locking options in the system settings, but they don't warn you. I have it on reasonably good authority that the next release (7.3) of LDSD will rectify this and present the user with a warning if the record is already in use.

Andy

• 2. Re: Lock Incidents
            guillaume.serton Apprentice

You can also manage this problem with few modifications on your process for have an action instance named "take in charge" and just after an automatic action auto-assignment between status open and ongoing.  And change all your queries without the status open. In this case, none of groups will can see a incident that is already taken in charge.

• 3. Re: Lock Incidents
              aparker Employee

Guillaume's suggestion is good in that it goes a long way to avoid the likelyhood of two people opening the same process at the same time, and as general good practice I would strongly sugges that processes are built this way. The word of warning I have is that it doesn't prevent the same process being opened twice without the knowledge of the two people concerned.

Andy

• 4. Re: Lock Incidents
                Rookie
                Do you have any idea when version 7.3 will be released?
                • 5. Re: Lock Incidents
                  guillaume.serton Apprentice
                  The roadmap announced during the second quarter but I think it will be during the summer