2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2009 5:08 AM by WoodieXP

Softmon Runtime Error v880219 (Just confirmation)

Rookie

Hello

Recently we have been getting a lot of softmon.exe runtime errors on the client PC's. My colleague logged a call re this and said that a newer softmon version being 880219 would resolve this.

Lately we have upgraded our softmon to version 880223 (I won't give the full story), but I just need to know that would 880223 include the fixes from 880219? I would assume so but would just like confirmation.

Thanks for all your help.

• 1. Re: Softmon Runtime Error v880219 (Just confirmation)
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Yes, it should include those fixes.

It gets a bit more complicated if Softmon 8.80.2.19 depends on other files. If it does not, you're fine - but if it does depend on other files, you'll need to make sure they're up to date as well.

Fixes are "carried forward", so you don't really have an "either use the old file and fix problem A, or use the new file to fix problem B"-situation. If you use the newer file(-s if dependancies exist), then previous fixes are included.

NOTE:

While it's rare, it is possible that a subsequent patch breaks something fixed previously. If this is the case, please contact support with that information, so we can get it looked at.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: Softmon Runtime Error v880219 (Just confirmation)
            Rookie

As always......... Good answer!!!

James Wood