I've proceeded to change my script to 779, but I've still got a bunch of machines with the old number. Is there any way for me to find out from Landesk (or some other remote method) what the localsch.exe /tasks is on the computers?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
It is listed in the inventory - Landesk Management - Local Scheduler - Sheduled Tasks.
Normally when generating a task an id is randomly assigned, using the current time to the task. This command line parameter can be used to specify the id for the task. Task id values 0 – 1000 are reserved for internal LANDesk Software, Inc use.
Cool, thanks. Any thoughts on why the new task is disappearing? I've not been able to confirm that my new 779 task is still extant, either.
Anything below 1000 is fair game for LANDesk so I would not use a taskid below 1000. I actually start mine at 2500. I've not read your other post but I would pretty much start over with a taskid above 1000. You could do this in a small batch file using the localsch.exe /taskid=779 /del and other taskids you have and create a new one above 1000.
Cool. I'll give that a shot.
No dice. One reboot, and the task is gone.
Here's my batch file:
"C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\localsch.exe" /del /taskid=778
"C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\localsch.exe" /del /taskid=779
"C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\localsch.exe" /exe="c:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\LDIScn32.EXE" /cmd="/NTT=hindmost.hhmi.org /S=hindmost.hhmi.org /I=HTTP://hindmost.hhmi.org/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /NOUI" /ipaddr /taskid=2779
Think I found it. I'm missing the /freq=1 switch, which means it goes and deletes itself every damn time I run it. GAAAAAAH.
You are right about missing the /freq switch, but /freq=1 will attempt to run the task every second (although we don't allow that, and it will really only run every 10 minutes). If you were shooting for daily try /freq=86400. We do everything in seconds.
I'm using the IP Address Change Filter, so I was going off the other item in the localsch task list that's set up that way. I definitely don't want it to only run once a day; that's how I'm getting in trouble now!
What I am seeing is that the scan is run, but the IP doesn't change in my inventory list, necessarily. Is there a flag I can add to the ldiscn32 that forces it to update the IP address (aside from /SYNC, which I'll use if I have to; these machines are quadcores, after all...)
Did it send a scan, and did the core process it? check ldscan/errorscan and the core's event viewer.
also, link to your other thread was wrong: http://community.landesk.com/support/thread/4293?tstart=0
In response to the task disappearing I ran into that issue as well when I updated the scheduler using a batch file. I found that using the "Configure Scheduler Task" in the Managed Scripts module of Landesk did not delete my task out of the localscheduler when it was deployed.
Here is an article on creating a task with that method: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-5778
Be aware that doing a script through the GUI as suggested by Corrie, will delete all task ID's within the range of 1001 to 2000. If you open the script you can change this by deleting or editing the following line:
REMEXEC0=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\LocalSch.exe<qt/> /del /range=%quote%1001|2000%quote%
My recomendation would be to change this to only delete the task your looking to replace. if your not replacing a task, just remove the line from the script.
As Zman allready stated anything below 1000 is fair game, this is because when the agent installs we will remove anything below 1000 to ensure the new agent configuration has a clean slate prior to placing down its own local tasks. So its very possible that your disapearing task is due to an agent being re-installed.
It looks like it sent the scan, as the last hardware scan date and last updated by inventory did change.
I'm not seeing anything from the correct time in errorscan or in the event log. I'll try changing the flag to /sync and see if that bumps it over.
I think I have a handle on fixing it now, thank you to the others. I'm using Patchlink to push out my corrected batch file (hopefully freq=1 is correct...)
EDIT: /SYNC does indeed give me the correct IP. I just wonder if there's a lighter way of doing it.