3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2009 4:51 AM by phoffmann

report to show vulnerabilities by severity

Rookie

Is there a way to create a custom report that will display high vulnerabilities, description, computer name? I need to create a report that will display linux machines that do not have patches for high vulnerabilities.

• 1. Re: report to show vulnerabilities by severity
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

You can always use SQL to make the reports you require, if the .NET reporting doesn't provide you with the options (which, for this particular scenario, I think you will need to pull the data out of the DB).

Have a meander in the reports section of the community, I've answered several related questions on the "how to do it" side (you'll need a DB-resource if you're not comfortable with SQL yourself). If you can't find the information you're looking for, let us know where you're stuck at.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: report to show vulnerabilities by severity
            Rookie

Well I dont know to much about sql but it seems strange that you cant get a simple report to show vulnerabilities by severity. Our landesk db is on another server that I dont have access to. Do you have any other recommendation? I hear there is a way to make suggestions to LANDESK. Do you know how I can do this? Thanks

• 3. Re: report to show vulnerabilities by severity
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

yes - it's called an "enhancement request" (or "ER", you may have seen that abbreviation used around the forums) -- essentially you log a case with support.

Rather than a "this doesn't work" scenario, you describe "I would like to have this function (X), for these reasons (Y)" -- the important part to get right is to state/explain the business impact, so we can understand context.

If you're unsure what to do in detail, open a support case with your regional LANDesk support office, and we'll walk you through the process - it's pretty painless, no worries .

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead