3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2009 2:48 AM by phoffmann

Policytask shows no successful systems

Johann Apprentice

Hello,

I created a task with Policy as Delivery method. I threw some systems into the task and sarted it. In the column "Result" is written "policy has been made available"

So far everything is normal. Now I have manually started "Policy based delivery" on one of the affected machines. A policy has been found and the software was deployed correctly. I wanted to check if this machine was put into the "Successful" container of the task, but it wasn't. Its still under "Active" with "Not specified" in the "Result"-column.

What is wrong here?

Kind regards

Jo

• 1. Re: Policytask shows no successful systems
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

At a guess, the Core hasn't received the status back from the client.

This can have several reasons (anything from network issues to...) - the usual culprit is "something in IIS breaks", and thus the status update isn't processed (at all / correctly).

So what you can try to do, is to run (on the Core) an "IISRESET" and then run the policy synch on the client - see if that fixes it. If it does, then your IIS either went to sleep or needs a bit of optimisation in this regard (there's various threads on the subject of optimising IIS).

If you're not familiar with IIS, I would sugest reading the following as a primer - it explains various concepts that IIS uses:

Optimizing IIS 6.0 for LANDesk Management Suite:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-1071

=========

P.S. -- it's generlaly a good idea stating what version of the product you use // what service pack you're on...

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: Policytask shows no successful systems
            Johann Apprentice

Thanks for your reply.

You're absolutely right, I should have posted my LANDesk Version etc.. I promise to remember it for the future.

Before I tried your suggestion about restarting the IIS, I checked the security settings of "CORESERVERNAME\ldmain\sdstatus". The local user "IUSER_CORESERVERNAME" was missing, so I inserted him and gave him full rights to this folder (and subfolders).

Then I tried to deploy another package via policy and it worked.

Thanks again for your help Paul, the article about the optimization of the IIS sounds interesting.

Kind regards

Johann

• 3. Re: Policytask shows no successful systems
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

No problem - sometimes all people need is a pointed in the right direction - unusual that the user was missing, but good initiative to check up on that.

Glad to hear the problem was resolved reasonably quickly then.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead