2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2009 1:35 PM by Regis

Where can I get an original copy of ldvpe1.img

Apprentice

I made some changes to the original ldvpe1.img without making a backup copy of the original. Anyone know where I can get the original copy of it?

• 1. Re: Where can I get an original copy of ldvpe1.img
          ahe Expert

Hello,

try this description from rhyous and LANDesk Support: How to Restore the WinPE Image?

Regards

Axel

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Where can I get an original copy of ldvpe1.img
            Apprentice

Hi Brendon,

You can find the original ldvpe1.img from the LANDesk DVD in the following location

LANDesk\PF\LD\MS\_non\landesk\vboot

But you need to some trick to put it back in the LANDesk installation location i.e., %Programfiles%\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\vboot

Download a software winimage.exe and install it. Then open this ldvpe1.img from the LANDesk DVD with winimage. There you will have a all.reg file under \i386\system32. Extract it (drag and drop). Now you will have like the following when opening it..

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\LDWM]
            "CoreServer"="%mycoreserver%"
            "InventoryServerPort"="5007"

Now change the %mycoreserver% into your actual LANDesk core server and save it. Then inject the ALL.reg into the same location by drag and drop. Save the image.

Now you got the original ldvpe1.img ! Now put it back %Programfiles%\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\vboot if you want to use it.

Regards,

Regis.