1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2009 4:22 AM by zman

What is the extent of Management Gateway's management?

Rookie

Hi! I would like to know if the LANDesk Management Gateway is capable of monitoring (on real time basis) the bandwidth usage of the different clients in which it is connected. Say, is it capable of viewing the peer-to-peer,instant messaging and other network usage of its clients?...Can it be used in detecting which among the clients use the large-bandwidth applications?

THANK YOU!

• 1. Re: What is the extent of Management Gateway's management?
          zman Master

LDMGA is not a network monitoring device, and can not monitor link usage. I would suggest looking at mrtg, or other tools. You may want to enter this as an ER for future releases of the product.  The only item I've seen to see what machines are using the gateway is brokercert table sessioncount table.  I think the appliance is great but falls short in showing the true ROI of the device (example, RC connections via the appliance should be able to be reported on and weighted higher than normal RC connections or in your example Software Distribution via the gateway should be able to be reported on and weighted higher than normal SD).