5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2007 4:59 PM by jparekh

Agent error

PcD Rookie
      This morning I succesfully deployed my first application! But now, a couple of hours later, I receive this error message when I try to start NiAgnt32.exe:

Error when starting one of the NetInstall components. 

No depot available. (NICFGPRV.00CC)
      ---------------------------
      OK  

The logfile contains this info:

15:43:24.840 2    NiCfgPrv: Loading configuration information from C:\Program Files\NetInst\NiCfgLcl.ncp...
      15:43:24.841 1    NiCfgPrv: Database file time: 09.5.2007 14:42:57
      15:43:24.844 2    NiCfgPrv: Operating in multi site mode
      15:43:24.844 0    NiCfgPrv: Determining site via ICDB-Service
      15:44:25.690 E    Warning (Module:NiCfgPrv, Severity:0x03): Couldn't retrieve current location information via ICDB-Service
      15:44:25.691 E    Error (Module:NiCfgPrv, Severity:0x06): Error when starting one of the NetInstall components. 

I already tried a complete reinstall of the Enteo client software but no success. The server is running oke, no errors. What can this be?
        • 1. Re: Agent error
          PcD Rookie
          Installing the Enteo Agent on a Windows XP machine does work. Looks like there is a problem with my Windows Vista machine...

Strange though that it first did on work on Vista but no longer.
          • 2. Re: Agent error
            Josef.Kraemmer Rookie
            Hi,

is it possible that a Personal Firewall or something like that is blocking the communication?

We had some strange/funny situations in the past with blocked NI components.

Regards, Josef

I assume you had a look to the Whitepaper 'Using enteo Products in Microsoft Vista'.
            • 3. Re: Agent error
              jparekh Apprentice
              Having same issue on several workstations.

Error when starting one of the NetInstall components. 

OK  
              • 4. Re: Agent error
                PcD Rookie
                On my workstation I had a corrupt agent installation. I tried to remove the agent before and that caused the corrupt installation
                The problem was with the services, they woudn't start. I imported the service registry keys from another machine and that got the services running again. Mayby you have the same problem...
                • 5. Re: Agent error
                  jparekh Apprentice
                  I was getting the same error and only had one site/depot configured.  After working with US and German support, it was determined the network card on the server was the issue.  Do you have a Broadcom Netcard II?