2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2008 7:33 AM by FrankScholer

DTM Client is set Inactive

Philip_22 Rookie
      Hello,

I am having an error pushing a NetInstall package out to a networked computer.  This error is rather new (since 6/4/08) and had not occurred, to my knowledge, before this.

When I attempt to FastInstall a package to a networked computer I receive the following error:

The NetInstall project '{Project Number'} can't be executed. Reason: DTM client is set inactive.  No projects assigned through DTM will be installed.  Installation aborted.

Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have any clues that could help?
        • 1. Re: DTM Client is set Inactive
          sbr2 Expert
          Hi Philip,

look into the local client for the logfile NIRS_XX.log. There you will find more information.

Whiche NetInstall Version do you have? Do you know that DTM is the old name for A&D (Assign & Delegate).

Regards
          Stefan
          • 2. Re: DTM Client is set Inactive
            FrankScholer Master
            Hi Philiipp,

you are using Assign&Delegate, right?

If yes, make sure that the computer object is not set inactive ("greyed out") in your A&D console (in case you are working over a RDP connection, then you cannot exactly see, if it's grey oder if it's "full colored" which means it is active).

Just right-click on your computer object and select "Activate software assigments".

HTH, Regards Frank