6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2009 11:44 PM by eigamryn

How can we delete virus manually in console?

Apprentice

Hi!is there anyone knows how to delete virus in landesk console? I manage 1000 nodes, i already know how to delete from a node using LD AV, but the problem is the user of a node is busy so i can't manage to use his computer and manually delete all viruses!

I try to remove it in a console using this step: right click your desire node--security and patch information--clean/repair history--purge history--all computer--all records--purge

all viruses are deleted but when i went to my desired console and double check if the virus is deleted, nothing happens!all viruses are still there! i dont know if my steps are wrong but do you think this is a bug of landesk?

any suggestions will help!thanks and god bless!

• 1. Re: How can we delete virus manually in console?
          Apprentice

Additional question: It is possible to delete quarantine files and back up files in console? Thanks!

• 2. Re: How can we delete virus manually in console?
            LANDave SupportEmployee

When you delete the clean/repair history, it does nothing on the end node, it simply removes the information that has been gathered for that node up to that point.

Unfortunately the feature you request is not available.   However, I can submit an enhancement request to have it added to the product.

This has actually been a request that has been asked for several times.   At the very least I can try to make sure it is available in the next release of our product. 

In the meantime, you could browse to the C$\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDeskAV\Quarantine folder of the end node and delete the files.   I know this isn't convenient, however it is a way to do it.

In the meantime, I'll get that enhancement request submitted!

• 3. Re: How can we delete virus manually in console?
              Apprentice

Hi David! thanks for the quick reply!i will remote nodes 1 by 1 and remove all viruses manually!it is not easy way for me because im working here in a military base!but thanks to your help!atleast there is a way we can remove viruses!

• 4. Re: How can we delete virus manually in console?
                LANDave SupportEmployee

I'm curious why it is necessary to touch all these computers and clean out the quarantine folders.   Are they actually getting full of quarantined viruses, so much that it is taking a lot of disk space?

You can go into your Antivirus Settings in Security and Patch Manager and then go to the Quarantine/Backup section and set options to limit the size of the Quarantine folder, and also set files to be automatically deleted after number of days.

Perhaps these options will help you to manage the Quarantine and Backup folders better?

• 5. Re: How can we delete virus manually in console?
                  Binskin Apprentice

This would be an excellent feature, we have completed a rollout here of the AV agent recently and have picked up a number of instances the existing Trend AV was not, if we were able to delete these files through the console it would be excellent. Alternatively if we could set up a policy to clean infected files on the spot this would also be excellent; ie simply bypass quarantine and remove if virius is kido etc.

Cheers - Ben

• 6. Re: How can we delete virus manually in console?
                    Apprentice

Yes!this would be great feature! and the reason why i want to delete viruses in quarantine folder because a lot of users want to delete viruses ASAP!

Ok, It is advisable to set the date in the settings og AV to just 1 day the viruses will be deleted?i only have permission to set up to 7 days only!if i set it to 1 day only i will not go to the particular node to manually delete viruses! The question is, Can landesk AV detects viruses when set the deletion in AV settings up to 1 day only? God Bless!