3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 11:43 AM by Senta

When running an action in Service Desk, repeating the action duplicates the first process action regardless of the information provided that should run a different process instead

dgreene Rookie

So here is my delema.  We have not yet moved to request based incidents, so we are utilizing Tasks under Service Desk.  I created an Action that opens a window.  I enter the new user information including department.  The process is set so that decisions determines what tasks are created.  When I run the action all is perfect, all the correct tasks are created.  The issue happens when I go to run the task a second time within the same incident.  It will duplicate the same path regardless of what information is entered into the window. To give an example:

1st attempt  Name:  Jane Doe  Dept.: Human Resources  Date Hired:  1/1/2017  Creates tasks for AD Acct, HR Accounts, And Email

2nd attempt  Name: John Doe   Dept.: Finance Date Hired: 5/1/2017  (Should create AD Acct, Finance Accounts, and Email)  instead it creates tasks for AD Acct, HR Accounts, And Email

How do I clear the first attempt's data so that it follows the correct process path.  Note:  When I look in history, the window contains all the correctly entered information for both scenarios.

Thanks in advance for any help solving this.

• 1. Re: When running an action in Service Desk, repeating the action duplicates the first process action regardless of the information provided that should run a different process instead
          Senta SupportEmployee

Hello dgreene,

this depends on where you store the data of the action and how you add them to the new tasks.

Please add this information to your description.

Regards

Ivanti Support

• 2. Re: When running an action in Service Desk, repeating the action duplicates the first process action regardless of the information provided that should run a different process instead
            dgreene Rookie

I created a Business Object in Object Designers under Incident Management called "Onboarding" (see picture1).  I have a relationship with the "Incident" Object with a collection created under "Incident", I also have a relationship with the Department Object. The Incident and Department attributes are Objects, the Start Date is a Date, the Infor Account and ESS Account are Booleans, and the rest are string values.  The window in picture 2 uses the attributes in the Onboarding Business Object.

How I am adding this to tasks is done by the following procedure.

1. An incident is opened and placed into the "In progress" status.

2. the action "Add Onboarding" is clicked.

3. This opens the window Onboarding Window in Picture 2.

4. Once the window is updated with information it then follow the process below under Picture 3.

5. When the process gets to an Add Task it runs a process under the Tasks named "Account Management".  Picture 4.

6. The path taken on the process all depend on the Department, ESS Account or Infor Account values.

7. After the "Add Onboarding" action is completed and tasks are created it goes back to the Incident Form.

8. if you hit the action "Add Onboarding" a second time within the same Incident the window has reset itself to a new window without any of the previously entered data.

9. Once you complete the window a second time it follows the path from the previous "Add Onboarding".  With one exception, if you meet any of the decisions that precede the department decisions (such as the ESS Onboarding) it will then get stuck in that new route.  In other words all "Add Onboarding" actions done afterwards would always take the "Yes" on the ESS Onboarding decision.

Hopefully this gives you enough information to determine where the data is getting stuck.  Thank you for trying to help.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

• 3. Re: When running an action in Service Desk, repeating the action duplicates the first process action regardless of the information provided that should run a different process instead
              Senta SupportEmployee

Hello dgreene,

thanks for the details.

1-7) =Onboarding= is it own Object and added as an collection to Incident. This means that you create a new Instance of this Object every time you run the action. A collection can hold non to many object.

8) This is while you see an empty window, as you are creating a new =Onboarding= Object to be added to the collection.

9) knowing this, it looks as if your decision is checking if an Object exists in the collection (which is TRUE as you created already one earlier).

You will need to define in the decision what to do when more than one Object is been created, which I could not read out of you description what you want to do in this case.

However, this will mean that this decision has to be created as a calculation to have the ability to mix multiple connections into your checks.

Regards

Ivanti Support