8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 3:21 AM by Romain.Jusot

Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade

keifer2008 Apprentice

Hi

Anyone else in 2017.1 experiencing issues with the bottom of certain labels being cut-off?

Also I noticed sometimes when I switch between roles the picture and user name don't appear, however it has been happening since 2016.1. You can see the issue in the lower screenshot.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Keifer C (re-uploaded the images)

• 1. Re: Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade
          Romain.Jusot SupportEmployee

Hello Keifer !

I can't see the screenshots for some reason. If you have the same issue, would you mind re-uploading them?

Cheers,

Rom

• 2. Re: Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade
            keifer2008 Apprentice

Hi Rom

I've re-uploaded the screenshots.

• 3. Re: Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade

I had a look on my side and I can't replicate the same behaviour even if I zoom in (as it could have been a scaling issue):

Replicated with Chrome 59.0.3071.115, OS Windows 7 Pro SP1

Questions:

• Which browser and version do you replicate the problem with? Can you replicate it in other browsers?
              • Can the issue be replicated systematically with all users or only some of them?
              • Can this be replicated from any machine or just for some of them?
              • 4. Re: Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade
                keifer2008 Apprentice

Hi Rom

I have the same version of Chrome as you and I checked the zoom, it was at default 100%.

It occurs in Edge as well, and I was able to confirm it on 2 different desktops. I also tried different users, same result.

Additionally I contacted one of our HEAT reps in Canada and I was able to replicate it on his 2017.1.1 on premise as well.

I noticed that if I turn off a CSS setting in style.css it "fixes" it for the help text, but only partially for the Knowledge Manager text.

Here's a better close-up if the above image is hard to see:

Cheers.

• 5. Re: Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade

Hmmm, I might have an idea.. Can you show me the configuration of the following element? ("x-box-inner" under "app-frame-header")

app-frame-header_Configuration.png

• 6. Re: Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade
                    keifer2008 Apprentice

Here you go:

Thanks

• 7. Re: Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade
                      keifer2008 Apprentice

Also noticed that the favicon is still the old HEAT logo...

• 8. Re: Text issues since 2017.1.1 on-premise upgrade

Good morning Keifer,

I completely broke my App Server until I could find a positive result and I think that I might know what happens (I hope).

Image result for yay

I found a couple of CSS files under C:\Program Files\HEAT Software\HEAT\AppServer which contain the height property for the top level of the web page. I changed these values, saved the files and got the same result than yours. After uninstalling the software, these files were not removed so it seems that whenever you'll try to upgrade, the issue will remain. So here might be a potential solution that I suggest, rather hacking the files directly (I tried on my side, it worked and I haven't lost any file in the battle).

Solution Prerequisites:

• Ensure that you still have the install file HEATServiceManagement.exe of the same version
                        • Stop all the IIS application pools and the Heat Windows Services during the operation (Hence, out of working hours)

Solution:

1. On the Application Server, browse C:\Program Files\HEAT Software\HEAT\AppServer
                        2. Copy the folder "AppServer" and paste it in a backup folder
                          It's to avoid losing the files in case of a potential fail

3. Make a search in the file explorer to locate all the CSS files under the path in 1.
                          Research_CSS.png
                        4. Delete all the files from the search results (Ensure that the search is finished)
                        5. Run the Install file as an admin, follow the instructions, select the option "Repair" and click "Next"
                          You may need a bit of patience, after clicking "Next". It can take a couple of minutes to run (It seems that the application doesn't respond, but just wait)
                        6. Follow the instructions
                        7. Once finished, restart the machine, and the Windows services that you stopped at the beginning of the operation
                        8. Check that all the CSS files are restored (at least the same number of files than in the step 3.)

It's done !

Let me know if it helped Keifer.

Rom