6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 2:50 AM by phoffmann

Is the posting of job opportunities prohibited?

Cryan Rookie

Yesterday, I posted a notice pertaining to a LANDesk related job opportunity in Philadelphia, PA.

It has since been deleted.

Is the posting of job opportunities prohibited within the Discussion pages?

• 1. Re: Is the posting of job opportunities prohibited?
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

As it turns out, yes - regrettably so.

See here -- https://community.ivanti.com/docs/DOC-27659#jive_content_id_Spam_and_promotion -- (which would explain why I didn't see much of that before). You should have a notification by the relevant admin who removed the post explaining this in a bit more detail (I was promised/told).

• 2. Re: Is the posting of job opportunities prohibited?
            cwarren SupportEmployee

Would be kindof cool if we had a section just for that actually.

I know I help customers find people on occasion, because it can be hard to find a good landesk admin, and for a landesk admin to find the right position.

Landesk is a tight community for sure and I think more resources to help us get the right people to the right companies could only help us all grow.

• 3. Re: Is the posting of job opportunities prohibited?

Funny how "your" customers are always looking for a "GOOD" LANDesk admin, eh, Chris?

But yes - on a more serious note - it's a policy decision and I (like Chris) think it would be a good thing overall for all the reasons Chris listed. We're a tight community and everyone benefits if "the expertise stays around" ... we all know how long it can take to train someone up from 0, so I'm all for such a thing .

Chris and I can see about getting an internal conversation going to potentially have this reviewed. The (unfortuante) truth is that this sort of thing *CAN* be a bit of a legal minefield (it's the sort of reason why you don't see Dell partners advertising on Dell forums to the best of my knowledge) -- which is usually how a stance of "let's not risk it" can become the default.

We'll (well - I will) raise it to be re-evaluated. Certainly "us techs" prefer to have the hard-earned skill-sets not just evaportate into thin air.

Those things just seem to have an odd tendency of becoming legal risks in ways that I don't entirely grasp (To no-one's surprise, I'm not a lawyer - so I may just be too dumb / ignorant to see why this would be a problem) .

• 4. Re: Is the posting of job opportunities prohibited?
                Cryan Rookie

Thanks guys!

It's unfortunate, but I understand.

I was just throw-off by the fact that I received no notification of the deletion and/or an explanation regarding the reason for the deletion.

• 5. Re: Is the posting of job opportunities prohibited?

Hmm - you ought to have ... (I was promised you'd get a notification / explanation - and normally the person doing so is quite good at that).

I'll see / follow up to see what happened. Probably something harmless more likely than not .

<Internal e-mail / conversation raised ... will see how far we'll get. >

• 6. Re: Is the posting of job opportunities prohibited?

Cryan - so the last thread (the one that was removed) did get a response put to it (which should've come through to your e-mail as a notification) before it was removed.

You may want to check (potentially via support) which e-mail address your community account is linked to - if it's an old e-mail address that's no longer in use for instance, that'd explain why you didn't see anything.

But there was a response made which should've gone trough to your e-mail notifications.