3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 3:40 AM by phoffmann

100 Cannot create another system semaphore

iatijosan Rookie

Removing leftover of a software package with a batch script with a "failed" Status, however the software involved was removed.

• 1. Re: 100 Cannot create another system semaphore
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Your description doesn't clearly say what it is you're either having problems with or what you need help with.

The better the description, the more likely we can actually help here with whatever it is you're trying to do.

• 2. Re: 100 Cannot create another system semaphore
            iatijosan Rookie

Got that message while running a script to remove some left over Adobe Package. The software was removed, but with that "fail" message. Just curious to know the meaning of the message.

• 3. Re: 100 Cannot create another system semaphore
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

Not something I've ever come across as a message. I don't think that's one of "ours" - we're just picking it up & reporting it in a "here's SOMETHING I got" as an exercise in being helpful.

A bit of google-fu reveals the following types of articles (obviously go out to external sites) indicates that the error most likely comes from the OS-level:

... I'd suggest maxing out the Adobe-uninstaller logging / examining that ... it may give you some information to go on. We're "just the messenger" here, and I suspect that it's actually something that the Adobe (un-)installer is trying to do beneath the covers that actually throws this error. Assuming they have vaguely competent logging (no idea, I never had to look) you should have a breadcrumb to follow from their logs onward.

Another way to look at the problem could be by running SysInternals' PROCESS MONITOR and seeing which process is throwing the error & working your way backwards from there.

Hope that helps .