3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2017 9:56 AM by peter.vel

can we install crystall reports server 2013 with database Mysql 5.0.27 ?

ing-paris Rookie

hello

am facing issue with installig sap BO server on windows server 2012 using a database Mysql 5.0.27 see attached screenshot :

first can install this or sap does not support anymore mysql ?

if it is always supporting mysql (this what i red in the net (support mysql version less than 5.5 ) what is the solution of this error ?

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: can we install crystall reports server 2013 with database Mysql 5.0.27 ?
          Eric Xiang SupportEmployee

Refer to this best practice to install Crystal Server 2013, it uses Microsoft SQL server as an example. Other information can be found in the official installation guide of Crystal Server 2013 on the SAP website.

How to install Crystal Server 2013 step by step?

Xtraction is a report tool owned by Ivanti to replace SAP Crystal report. For more information, you may refer to:  Xtraction

• 2. Re: can we install crystall reports server 2013 with database Mysql 5.0.27 ?
            ing-paris Rookie

Hello thanx for your anwser but it was not what i am looking for !

with SQL server i do not have any problem the problem is only with mysql and fyi i used this manual installation already .

our problem is we migrated Landesk LDSD to new plateforme (servers ) the old SAP bo we were using is 2008 was using Mysql database , now as we migrated LDSD we wanted to migrate SAP BO as well to 2013 in new servers .

1 - we tried to migrate datbase from Mysql to sl server KO (but SAP install with new SQL server database ok ) and as we we need all reports seted up in the old server we cant go forward

2 - we tried change the old reports connexion string to new LDSD database KO (ticket opened in support since 10 days ago till now no anwser )

3 - finally as we are stuck in this sitution we wanted to install SAP 2013 with mysql database and restore old database KO problem in screenshot snt in my fist mail

• 3. Re: can we install crystall reports server 2013 with database Mysql 5.0.27 ?
              peter.vel SupportEmployee

Hello,

First, I'd recommend having a look at our Supported Platforms in the Service Desk Help Center Document - https://help.ivanti.com/ld/help/en_US/LDSD/11.0/Default.htm#017 Supported Platforms/Supported Platforms.htm%3FTocPath%3DSetup%2520and%2520upgrade%7CSupported%2520Platforms%7CSupported%2520platforms%7C_____0

Give attention to the 'Database server' and the 'Integrated applications' areas.  You'll see that only SQL Server is mentioned for database usage, along with SAP Crystal Reports v2013 in the integrated applications area.  I understand that in document How to install Crystal Server 2013 step by step? it does mention that MySql is "supported."  However, this is in reference to what the SAP product (Crystal Reports) supports, and is completely separate from our supported platforms.  I recommend reaching out to SAP or their online forums as the best means to have your question properly answered.

Thanks,

Pete Vel

Product Support Engineer