3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 7:27 AM by dholland1

Issues with Distribute Software action not retaining software package after closing

dholland1 Apprentice

I am having an issue with the Distribute Software task in OS Deployment. I add the action to System Configuration, I select which software package I want it to install then I click Apply, then OK to close the window. When I open that template again that distribute software action doesn't have any software package selected for it. It doesn't seem to happen to all my packages but it is happening to about 95% of out Public Packages. I have tried resetting the hashes on all of the software that is in question but that did not have any effect on it. If I build a new package it is working as expected. This seems to have happened after I upgraded to 2017.1 from 2016.3.

Is there something that I need to do in order for this to stop happening? If need be I can rebuild all of the packages but I am trying to find a faster solution.

• 1. Re: Issues with Distribute Software action not retaining software package after closing
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Check your CONSOLE.EXE.LOG for any errors first of all.

Sounds like the (attempt to) write your provisioning template to the DB is failing (which would explain why the change isn't saved).

Could be a legitimate error because of some DB corruption (for instance), or "simply" running out of disk space ... all of which should leave some sort of indication of "going wrong" in the logs.

Start there & see where the breadcrumbs lead.

You can also (if you're happy to) make a backup of your DB & raise a ticket with support. This *SOUNDS* like an issue that should hopefully be duplicable with your DB ... and if there's problems with it (as in, with the DB - stuff like DB corruption), they can look at it and at least identify it as such.

• 2. Re: Issues with Distribute Software action not retaining software package after closing
            Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

I'm guessing you will see something like this in the Log Paul mentioned:

03/29/2017 16:48:39 INFO  8348:Main Thread RollingLog : Critical Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: When the ListView is in virtual mode, you cannot enumerate through the ListView items collection using an enumerator or call GetEnumerator. Use the ListView items indexer instead and access an item by index value.

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.ListViewItemCollection.GetEnumerator()

at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.WinConsole.WinConsoleListView.(String ž)

at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.WinConsole.WinConsoleListView.Ÿ(Object , EventArgs )

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Stack Trace:    at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.ListViewItemCollection.GetEnumerator()

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

03/29/2017 16:48:50 INFO  8348:Main Thread RollingLog : SaveToDB: 7-zip (1), (type Distribution package)

03/29/2017 16:48:50 INFO  8348:Main Thread RollingLog : SaveToDB: 7-zip (1), (type Distribution package)

03/29/2017 16:48:57 INFO  8348:Main Thread RollingLog : Unloading panels

03/29/2017 16:49:03 INFO  8348:Main Thread RollingLog : Critical Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: When the ListView is in virtual mode, you cannot enumerate through the ListView items collection using an enumerator or call GetEnumerator. Use the ListView items indexer instead and access an item by index value.

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Stack Trace:    at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.ListViewItemCollection.GetEnumerator()

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

03/29/2017 16:49:40 INFO  8348:Main Thread RollingLog : Critical Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: When the ListView is in virtual mode, you cannot enumerate through the ListView items collection using an enumerator or call GetEnumerator. Use the ListView items indexer instead and access an item by index value.

According to Ivanti, this was a bug in v2016 that should have been fixed in v2016SU5 and v2016.3

Please check the version of LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.WinUI.dll

I had one customer also migrated to v2016.3SU3 that still experienced the issue, but that seemed to be an isolated case... If your dll is on a 10.1 version, please contact support and reference my case: 00982667.

Thanks,

Frank

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Issues with Distribute Software action not retaining software package after closing
              dholland1 Apprentice

I checked and I found similar info in my log file and the version of LANDesk.ManagementSuite.SoftwareDistribution.WinUI.dll was at 10.1.11.3 so, I opened a support case and referenced your case number.