3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2017 9:52 AM by Julian Wigman

Problem ticket creation process

ray.casanova Rookie

Is there a way we can create a new problem request and/or ticket using Process Designer involving a resolved Incident, a request from change management or any other scenarios?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Problem ticket creation process
          andreas.lindner Expert

Hi,

give us a short use case, what you're trying to do and what you want to achieve.

But in general, yes you can open new other processes from e.g. an incident, change, etc.

Andreas

• 2. Re: Problem ticket creation process
            ray.casanova Rookie

Forgive me, my inexperience with the iVanti product has me digging into the discussion boards trying to seek answers I may not completely understand. From what I'm trying to find information on basically ties into the Service Desk side of Incident process. For example, say we have an incident and we come to a resolution and close that incident, is there a way to generate a problem ticket out of that resolved incident detailing the cause of the Incident, Problem and Resolution. Does that make any sense? I guess it would also tie into say, a change management request that would also create a Problem Ticket. There are most likely many more scenarios that would build off this foundation but the start of it would be tied to an Incident ticket within Service Desk. I hope I'm making some sense here.

Thank You.

• 3. Re: Problem ticket creation process
              Julian Wigman Master

Yes that is entirely possible.

The OOTB does something similar on Resolution but instead is creating a Knowledge Article.

Basically you drop the "Create Problem" AUTOMATIC action (Green rectangle) onto your process after the "Resolve" MANUAL Action (blue rectangle) in process designer.  This will open a window and you right-click the fields you want to populate with data and either set the data from the main Incident window via "value type" or via a "calculation";  sometimes you get both options, other attributes only allow a calculation.

Best way to learn is to open some existing automatic actions and check out.

Regards

Julian

Marxtar Ltd