2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2017 11:43 PM by John Haddad

Guidance on Converting/Reinitialising into another lifecycle within a process design?

mcf43292 Apprentice

Hi

I need some guidance on converting for example a Request to an Incident and closing off the Request.

I can figure out the copying of Request Data to the Incident Window but it's the method of conversion I'm looking for documentation or a point the right direction.

Thanks

Stephen

• 1. Re: Guidance on Converting/Reinitialising into another lifecycle within a process design?
          pawel.mos SupportEmployee

You cannot use the reinitialize action to change the module of an case. The reinitialize action can only switch to an process within the same module, as the base object (e.g. incident) would be the same. If the base object changes you need to create a collection of that object and create a new case out of the current process.

E.g. you can create a request collection on incident and create an request out of the incident. Both cases would the exists in parallel. The creation can be automated in the process, so that the initial case can be closed automatic if needed.

• 2. Re: Guidance on Converting/Reinitialising into another lifecycle within a process design?
            John Haddad Expert

Hi MCf,

you can create a new action ( Raise Incident ) will do nothing 
            after you need to add ( Create Incident ) automatic action , and set the value type to copy from request data.

a new incident will be created with new ref number

after this action you can link it to closure action ( automatic )

sample in screenshot below

Note : you have to add (Add Parent incident ) to the first status in  incident ( Open Status )

hope this will help

John

1 of 1 people found this helpful