3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 6:40 AM by phoffmann

Trying to uninstall SAP 7.30 and install 7.40

romario Rookie

Hey ivanti,

I'm trying to silently uninstall SAP 7.30 with the silent command "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAPsetup\setup\NwSapSetup.exe /uninstall /product="SCE+ECL+SapBI+SAPGUI" /IgnoreMissingProducts /noDLG"

I also tried create 3 distribution packages to uninstall everything from the SAP

Silent Commands I used for this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAPsetup\setup\NwSapSetup.exe /uninstall /product="SCE+ECL+SapBI+SAPGUI" /IgnoreMissingProducts /noDLG

'msiexec /x "{ProductCode}"   /qn /NORESTART'

'msiexec /x "{CEC7A786-A9C8-4EF7-BB59-6518E3B3C878}"   /qn /NORESTART'

Log Files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6w-jgSTUGfDV1dtbkFRdVd0VXM/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6w-jgSTUGfDc2RLQ0E2NnF2SWc/view?usp=sharing

• 1. Re: Trying to uninstall SAP 7.30 and install 7.40
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

... is there a question here?

A bit of clarification would be helpful .

• 2. Re: Trying to uninstall SAP 7.30 and install 7.40
            romario Rookie

Hi phoffmann,

Yes, the question is how do I uninstall and then re-install SAP.

When I try to uninstall SAP 7.30, it does not actually uninstall it. It seems to modify the settings so that when I install SA{ 7.40, it installs

Also, If the computer has got SAP 7.30 BEX Analyzer, my SAP 7.40 does not install that product.

• 3. Re: Trying to uninstall SAP 7.30 and install 7.40
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

OK - I'd expect that information to be found on the SAP forums / guides, to be honest.

We can help you with ensuring you've got the right user context & so on. But package-specific items tends to be more of a "lottery" of someone out there doing the exact thing you're doing (or having done it) and having the info available.

USUALLY package specific items are best inquired about at the package vendor's pages -- I'd expect SAP to have some sort of sections for automated install scripts / uninstall scripts & so on -- that should include "watch out for X, Y and Z" type things as well. Could be you're running into some pre-req issues, or something specific to the SAP installer.

Not saying there aren't people who use those SAP products you're using on these forums - just pointing out that it's far more likely that you get what you're looking for from the actual vendors' pages since it sounds like an issue/question specific to their stuff here.

Does that help / make sense?