5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 8:58 AM by dcogny

Editing Business Rule that creates a prompt.

sleahy Rookie

I'm struggling to write the correct expression so when the status field in Incident = resolved the form gives a prompt window to select the cause code.

Trying to work around another problem by having this business rule call a prompt.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Editing Business Rule that creates a prompt.
          dcogny Expert

Hi sleahy,

This Before-Save business rule should work, it checks if the status is "Resolved" AND the CauseCode is empty and prompts for a CauseCode, you can remove the IsNull(CauseCode) expression if you want to always ask for it,:

Let me know if you need more explanation or it does not works for you.

Regards.

Daniel.

• 2. Re: Editing Business Rule that creates a prompt.
            sleahy Rookie

This is half of the puzzle for sure, but it only works if the record was saved beforehand with a value in Status and CauseCode (just status if I remove the null clause).

Basically this relates to my other post. I need/want a prompt for the user to select a 'Cause Code' when they use the link and Resolve button from the ObjectMatch Panel. Cause Code isn't a value stored in the Knowledge (cause it's dependent on the call) so I can't map it over and the person will see an error when they go to save cause the field is blank.

Trying to make it more seamless by throwing a prompt in their face before saving to get them to enter the value.

So far it doesn't look like I can do it from the Link and Resolve button, I can't use this rule on it's own cause the record won't be saved before this rule runs so it doesn't run if the record is being saved for the first time, I can't use a trigger rule cause it 'sort of works' under circumstances that might not always happen, and I can't use a Quick Action button on the ObjectMatch form because the Incident doesn't exist yet either.

tough spot that is easily solved if I could just make a prompt expression on the Link and Resolve which I haven't been able to do cause I get the error

error.png

• 3. Re: Editing Business Rule that creates a prompt.
              dcogny Expert

Got it!

I will then go and look to the other question, anything that you can get responded here is most likely going to be like my response, useless in your specific situation.

See you there

• 4. Re: Editing Business Rule that creates a prompt.
                sleahy Rookie

definitely not useless...got me going on a different track which is always good. Seems like the easiest things are impossible w/ HEAT. It's not really a 'Before Save' business rule it's a 'Before Save on a created record' business rule which is completely different than advertised.

I was tinkering with doing this on an edit rule so it fires when the Status field changes, but that just broke the form all together and it wouldn't load. Trigger worked the same way as the save before with it working if the record has a value or is saved first and is then changed.

• 5. Re: Editing Business Rule that creates a prompt.
                  dcogny Expert

Yes... I do think that HEAT is pretty powerful and allows a lot of customization, but sometimes it is puzzling that this or that cannot easily be done...