2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 11:04 AM by dcalitz

How to send a notification for each child task by it's owner, from the  Incident , when receiving an incoming email?

Rookie

Hi All,

Has anyone on the forums got a method to allow for the linked tasks owners (to an Incident), to be notified of an incoming email?

• 1. Re: How to send a notification for each child task by it's owner, from the  Incident , when receiving an incoming email?
          dcogny Expert

Hi,

I have it working this way:

We created a Boolean on the Incident Object called "NewIncomingEmail" that gets set to true every time a new email gets linked to an Incident with the "Incoming Email" Category:

This is done by having a boolean in Journal.Email called "Incoming" that gets set to true when a new email is created with "Incoming Email" Category:

Then gets pushed to the Incident "NewIncomingEmail" when linking:

Then, a Business Rule on Incident starts because of the "NewIncomingEmail" boolean gets set to true:

In that rule we run a "Composite Action" with two actions in it:

The first action is a run for child that makes sure it only runs for tasks that have an active Owner (Logged has no owner, and the other 3 states are actually finished, so no need for notifications, you can change that if you want):

The Action was created on the Task#Assignment object and is a simple "Send Email":

This are the links to open the task:

$(ServerURL())/Login.aspx?Role=role&Scope=ObjectWorkspace&CommandId=Search&ObjectType=Task%23Assignment&CommandData=AssignmentID,%3D,0,$(AssignmentID),string,AND|#

And to open the Parent Incident:

$(ServerURL())/Login.aspx?Scope=ObjectWorkspace&CommandId=Search&ObjectType=Incident%23&CommandData=IncidentNumber,%3D,0,$(ParentObjectDisplayID),string,AND|#

You could also add a few fields on Incident like "NewEmailFrom", "NewEmailSubject" and "NewEmailBody" and have them pushed on linking and then used for the email to have a more descriptive notification... I personally had no time for it back then.

The second Action is just to update the Incident and set "NewIncomingEmail" back to "False"

I did this long ago, so I might have missed something, if it does not works for you, let me know, because I have it working, so I should be able to find what I missed.

Regards.

Daniel.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to send a notification for each child task by it's owner, from the  Incident , when receiving an incoming email?
            Rookie
            Hi Daniel,  THANK YOU! Going to give your solution a try; looks straightforward enough.