3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 2:33 PM by Jason.Shafer

custinf.cfg

MarkusH. Rookie

Hello,

after DSM install I have found a file available called "C:\custinf.cfg" on each client (Win7, Win10).

After making some infestigations I could also localize the file on the root on the DSM server (and also on several subfulders on DSM-Server\$SysDb$\Packages\DepotAll\rev).

Why is this file copied to the client on C:\custinf.cfg but not to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\NetInst\  as expected?

What is this file for?

Is it mandatory on this location for DSM ?

Can I delete it?

Best regards

Markus

• 1. Re: custinf.cfg
          SupportEmployee

If the file name is C:\CUSTINV.CFG then that is a DSM file created by the client agent under certain conditions in DSM versions before the current release.  Upgrading to DSM 2016.2 R2 will stop the creation of this file in the root of your C drive.    You could then delete the file if you wished.

DSM 2016.2 R2 is available for download from Ivanti DSM 2016.2 R2 Download .  The release notes are available from the same link and should be reviewed prior to upgrading.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: custinf.cfg
            MarkusH. Rookie

Hi Jason,

thank you very much for your helpful reply!

Yes, you are right! We are takling about "custinv.cfg" instead of "custinf.cfg"

We already use Ivanti DSM 2016.2 R2 since a few weeks but the file is still existing on DSM-server. So I assume it will be copied from server to clients C:\.

Do you basically recommend to delete the file on server so that it cannot be distributed to new clients without any impact to functionallity?

Finally on already existing clients the file can be deleted manually by us?

BR

Markus

• 3. Re: custinf.cfg
              SupportEmployee

The file in the root of the system drive is created by the client service and can be deleted if you are on 2016.2 R2 or higher.  Copies of the file in your depot should be left in place.  The error that was fixed was an issue causing the file to be placed in the root OS drive on Windows.