2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 1:01 AM by libby.White

Integrate Service Requests to JIRA using Ticket Sync Connector - how to add service request fields to the mapping fields

libby.White Apprentice

Have setup the Ticket Sharing and Syncronization Pacakge (https://community.ivanti.com/docs/DOC-55155) to integration from Ivanti Service Manager to JIRA.

By default the setup in the Ticket Sync has Incident and Journal#notes and I can successfully use the package to sync incidents.  I would like to setup this to use Service Request to integrate rather than incident.

The package installs the frs_data_business_object and frs_data_business_object_fields which it used to complete the mapping.

Business Objects

The pick lists being Business Object List and Business Object Fields

The Business Object List had Incident and Journal#Notes setup - I could manually add Service Request to this pick list.

Looks like the Business object Fields pick list is created based on the BOname - however even though I added ServiceReq it is not picking it up for the field list.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get the Ticket Sync to work with Service Requests?

• 1. Re: Integrate Service Requests to JIRA using Ticket Sync Connector - how to add service request fields to the mapping fields
          Christopher.Bakken SupportEmployee

You can add the ability for Service Request, but it requires extensive modification to the javascript code. It's not going to be easy by any means.

Ticket Sync is all handled through the Web Services. That is the area you would need to modify and clone for use in other objects.

The OOTB process is as follows

1. New Incident is created.

2. This triggers the workflow 'TSS Incident Trigger WF', which just fires the quick action 'TSS Incident Trigger QA'

3. That QA is just a call to the web service 'TSS Incident Trigger', this is what adds the data to the required tables for sync.

4. Data that is entered into Connector Transaction is processed, and based on the type, is sent to the correct service.

5. Data is then synchronized based on the data found in 'Connector Service Transaction'

This does most of the talking to JIRA

So to add this for Service Requests would require you clone a few of those web services and update the code to be specific to Service Request and not Incident.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Integrate Service Requests to JIRA using Ticket Sync Connector - how to add service request fields to the mapping fields
            libby.White Apprentice

Thanks Chris for the update - that information was very useful.

In order the set this up quickly and be able to incorporate it in a Service Request form for the self-service catalogue, I've used the Service Request to capture the information from the customer and then a quick action to create the incident in the workflow which that then gets created in JIRA.  it's working well.