I would look into adding the administrative as a requestor for all the Service Requests asociated to the executives, when you add someone as a requestor, HEAT already create a "My Item" link to them so they can also view the Request/Incident, also, when emailing it gives you the "Alternate contact email" option as it is stored.
This is a rough estimate of how I would do it:
- Create a Pick list with everyone in the organization and keep the RecID as "Value":
- Create a field in the "Frs_CompositeContract_Contact" object called "Assistant" and "Validated" it with the Pick List just created:
- It's "Fixed (32)" because although it will show the "Display Name" it will store the RecId
- Add the field to the form (wherever you prefer):
- Then add a rule on every object to update the Requestor to the "Assistant" whenever a customer gets selected:
- This would be the easy way, things to consider:
- You can only have one requestor, so if someone else request something for the exec only the assistant or the requestor will be "on the loop" (although I think this is a rare scenario)
- The System will automatically set the Assistant as the "Requestor", but nothing stops you from manually select a different requestor afterwards.
- You can use the same system to add the assistant's information to the Request (create a field called "Requestor Email" and populate it as you populate the requestor
- If you really need to include the assistant and sometimes a requestor, then you will have to create a new "Link" field for "Assistant" and replicate all the "AlternateContactLink" relationships to have everyone with access to the Request.
Hope this works for you, let me know if you have any questions.
This is helpful to get me in the right direction!
In our scenario, the assistant isn't always the Requested By. Sometimes other personnel make the requests on behalf of people, be they techs who want to monitor progress, or IT directors placing requests because the executive relayed a question through them. In these scenarios, we would like to give the assistants the ability to monitor everything for their assigned executives.
To set the scene: We are a law firm. Assistants of Share Partner (owners) like to keep full tabs on the lives of their assignments. With Classic HEAT they end up calling us to ask for status. I wanted to push the envelope and give them something in self-service they have not had before. ;-)
Thanks for all of your great ideas and screen shots! Give me a few months to get up to speed and I'll share my solutions too!
Thank you will have to use the solution with a Link field instead of the validated list, the problem is how to make it show up on the "My Items" list, I don't know that far, I would check the relationships between employee and "MyItem" and "MyshelfItem" objects and do some tests...