4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 2:34 PM by MarkLarvo

Quick Actions - opening a specific form?

MarkLarvo Apprentice

On our Service Request/incident screen we want to initially show very little Requester/Customer information to save space.

I've created Quick Actions that read the Requester or Customer RecID and open a new tab for Employee listing their full information.

However, the Employee form has sensitive/and too much information. What we really want to display is something more like the Employee form "Profile.Employee.Brief".

For the life of me I can't find the syntax in the help for the Quick Action to open a specific form. All I get is the main Employee view.

Question: Has anyone run across a solution to call a specific form? A hovering pop-up would be even better. ;-)

Service Request form: (The Red box is the QA button)

heat SR form.png

My Quick Action (I've tried inserting "Employee#Profile.Employee.Brief" is several spots without luck.)

heat SR QA reportedfor.png

• 1. Re: Quick Actions - opening a specific form?
          dcogny Expert

Hi Mark,

To select the form that will be shown you have to change it on the Layout:

From there you can change the whole layout, select the form that you want to show. Every time the Employee tab is open will show that layout. If you want your analyst to see one form when opening the "Employee" tab and another one when pressing that button... I do not know how!

Good luck.

Daniel.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Quick Actions - opening a specific form?
            MarkLarvo Apprentice

Thanks Daniel!

I now realize that for each Role I will have to create the forms and layout with the required fields. We went a little crazy making Roles for every sub-department. I am now questioning the wisdom of that choice!?!

• 3. Re: Quick Actions - opening a specific form?
              dcogny Expert

Hi Mark,

You have to see how it is going to be used, for example in my organization we have a "Telecom" role; while Telecom is formed by only four people, they have many specifications different to anyone else to entitle an independent role, then we have the "Finance" role with many more people on it split, but inside the "Finance" role we created several teams (Paycheck, Attendance, Benefits...) and what I did is create one layout with all the information useful for "Finance", as most of it is common, and use the visibility option to show/hide to different teams:

That will allow you to hide/show fields in a form, you create the basic one, and then decide what can be seen only by specific people (you can use "case" to add more than one team).

You can do the same for the tabs shown under the form (Details, Tasks, Activity History, or anything that you added on your own):

NOTE: The condition for the fields inside a form is for visibility, meaning, that "true" will show and "false" will hide, while the condition for the tabs is for "invisibility", meaning that "true" will hide and "false" will show.

Hope this helps you.

Daniel.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Quick Actions - opening a specific form?
                MarkLarvo Apprentice

Thanks again Daniel!

We've opted to use the Employee.Brief.SDA form/layout for now until our needs become more complicated. Thanks for the tips on field level edit permissions!