2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 9:36 AM by WARRIOR

Create A Group Pick List And Use It To Filter The Team Pick List In An Incident

WARRIOR Apprentice

If you create a task within an incident you will be able to select a group, and this will help you filter the teams. If you select a team, this will help you filter the owners to assiign the task to.

I need to have this same look and feel on the incident form itself so that when an incident is created, the analyst/tech would be able to do the following:

User Selects Group to assign insident to --> Heat Filters Team Pick List --> User Selects Team To Assign Incident to --> Heat Filters Owners --> User Selects An Owner

To implement this, I have added the Group field to the Incident business object, and it is now visible on the form, however when a group is selected, the team is not filtered.

I found out that if I simply copied the pick list from the task form over, whenever the incident group and team is changed, it impacts the selection in the task.

Please help with implementing this filter functionality as is in tasks in incident as well:

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: Create A Group Pick List And Use It To Filter The Team Pick List In An Incident
          DrizztLU Apprentice

Hi Warrior,

I believe you do not have to make a lot of changes to get it working.

You didn't mentioned if you actually created the Group field in the StandardUserTeam object, because you need your criteria to exists on the object you want to filter.

Then edit the picklist as follows (Just change TeamType with Group for your case, I have the exact same system in place here )

Left part of the constraint is the field present in the StandardUserTeam object, and the right part is the "object where you use this list" part.

You'll then be able to use the picklist on both Incident and Task.

Best Regards,

Dylan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Create A Group Pick List And Use It To Filter The Team Pick List In An Incident
            WARRIOR Apprentice

I found and interesting impact on this. Originally, I had created a separate group business object, and for some reason, the above answer did not work well. So I deleted that business object and instead added two new fields (IsGroup, and ParentGroup) in the existing ivanti StandardUserTeam business object. I then added group records, and for each of these entries, I indicated that they are groups using the IsGroup field. Finally, I updated the team record with the cirresponding group to which they belong.

This made it work along with Dylan's recommendation aboce.

1 of 1 people found this helpful