1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 6:54 AM by rmoorenv

Mac OS X NBI Creation does NOT Create Plist compatible with MacBookPro14,3

Rookie

Hi,

Has anyone ran into any issues trying to create a nbi file for MacBook Pros with Model Identifier 14,3?

I originally diagnosed my issue through this article, How To: Troubleshoot Netboot for Mac Provisioning , and was able to determine that MacBookPro14,3 wasn't in the plist.

I have generated new nbi files with the machine that shows this Model Identifier, but the plist that it generates doesn't include an entry for this model.

Anybody else seeing this?

• 1. Re: Mac OS X NBI Creation does NOT Create Plist compatible with MacBookPro14,3
          rmoorenv Rookie

I am experiencing the same problem. I did a lot of work 3 months ago to try to correct it, but no luck. We had 100+ teacher and student devices to image before the summer end, so I had to put it off. I decided to just do thin-imaging in the meantime. Also, Netbooting from our Mac Server didn't work a few months ago either, and neither did DeployStudio.

Out of box mac with LANDesk installed, and then we just ran the Post-OS and System Configuration section of our provisioning template.

Some people on the Jamf forums got some luck, but it seems like a workaround.