5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 6:29 AM by Motaz

Assigned Analyst showing as a calculated string - I need to reassign?

Shabba32 Apprentice

When we raise a request to go to the line manager for approval (line manager as per active directory) it sends them an email to approve and shows the approvers name in the 'Assigned Analyst' field of Webdesk. In the screen shot below you can see the person it has gone to for approval is Dan Walker.

The highlighted field is a calculated String, and is based on the latest assignment, and the user selected on it.

I believe to change this I will need to Re-assign the ticket to whomever I need to approve. However, I do not have the Add Assignment/Reassign action available at the current status.

So I guess I will need to stop the process, add the action, start the process, and re-assign.

The problem I have is that when I add an Action Instance to the process I do not have an option to select 'Add Assignment/Reassign' as an action. How do I create this as an action so I can add it to the process?

image1.GIF

• 1. Re: Assigned Analyst showing as a calculated string - I need to reassign?
          John.Moha Expert

Hi Shabba ,

make sure inside that status in properties you have ( Add Assignment ) ..

if there's no ( Add Assignment ) or any other assignment action , you can create an action for that module
          :

Thanks

John

• 2. Re: Assigned Analyst showing as a calculated string - I need to reassign?
            andreas.lindner Expert

Hi @Shabba32,

the Assignment is a default object that exists in every process. If you do not have an Add Assignment action available in your ticket, you just need to add the action to your process (either to the current status as optional action, or as action in the process itself).

If the action already exists in your process, then there might be some permissions missing. You can find them in the Administration - Administration - User and Groups - Roles. In most cases the Analyst role is used per default for the Analysts. Set the permissions in the Request Management - Process Related - Request - Add Assignment.

As the Assignment is an existing object per default, I'd not recommend John's solution to add a new object as shown above.

Andreas

• 3. Re: Assigned Analyst showing as a calculated string - I need to reassign?
              John.Moha Expert

Hi Andreas ,

he is saying that he don't have it ,, and i told to double check and check also in the properties of the status if he can't find it

if there's for any reason , i provided the steps to create an action

Cheers

John

• 4. Re: Assigned Analyst showing as a calculated string - I need to reassign?
                andreas.lindner Expert

Yes, but the solution adding a new collection won't get the needed results.

To add a new object for an add assignment would not work in that way, because the Assignment itself has some special system properties, that will not be updated or work when using a new action on a new collection.

In your recommendation, only a new collection will be populated, but the Assignment itself will remain untouched.That's why...

As the Assignment is a default object, so three things might be missing:

1. Action is not in process or as optional action on the status,
                2. missing permissions in the role and
                3. action is missing in the collection, but that will be most unlikely because you have to remove all Add Assignments from your processes to delete the action in your collection.

Regards,

Andreas

• 5. Re: Assigned Analyst showing as a calculated string - I need to reassign?
                  Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

As per Andreas reply. Add Assignment is a default object/action and there is no need to add any additional objects. So all you need to do is to just add this action into the status (as an additional action) and ensure that whoever is going to need this action does actually have the privilege to do so.

Regarding the Assigned Analyst field, This field is actually calculated. It gets the information from the last "Add Assignment" action and update the field accordingly.