6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 1:56 PM by AlasdairRobertson Branched from an earlier discussion.

VIP identification

WARRIOR Apprentice

Also if you look at the VIP identification, a customer is not identified as VIP real time. If a customer has already been associated with a ticket, and then the customer status is updated afterwards to VIP, if the ticket is accessed (same day, 1 day, 10 days, 100 years) later, the incident still does not indicate that the customer is a VIP, unless the customer is removed from the incident, replaced with another customer, the incident is saved, and then updated again with the original customer who is the VIP. We would like a more dynamic approach that will look at the customer profile on screen refresh, and indicate the more appropriate significance for such customers.

• 1. Re:  VIP identification
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Hi WARRIOR

I have made this a new topic as it has a different resolution to the previous thread.

• 2. Re:  VIP identification

The ticket will link the IsVIP attribute in real time if already set on th customer record.  If the customer is not a VIP and you make them a VIP, a business rule can run when that field is set which will perform a run for child against all related incidents updating the IsVIP flag.

• 3. Re:  VIP identification
              WARRIOR Apprentice

I only added this as an example where we would rather build a function that is called real time to return a boolean value used to display this information. for me it is not a separate issue. the central issue still remains the fact that there are actions we would like to perform that are specific to our needs.

• 4. Re:  VIP identification

The actions you seem to be referring to the system can handle as business rules, quick actions or workflows, each of these run in near real time.  There are also Editing and calculation rules which also run instantly.  As I mentioned in my other post web services may be another option to consider.  If you have any other examples similar to the VIP one you posted we can have a look an point you in the right direction.

If you would like to raise a feature request for the ability to create your own system functions then you can contact the Ivanti support team who will assist.

• 5. Re:  VIP identification
                  WARRIOR Apprentice

in your "Sep 15, 2017 8:15 AM" post, you mentioned a business rule as an option. The response is highly abstract. Can you provide precise (step by step) direction, including screenshots showing how you are able to achieve this? I would also like an explanation of how this will run, including overhead analysis.

• 6. Re:  VIP identification

If you want a dynamic view e.g if the Employee record is updated to reflect the customer is now a VIP you can just add the field form the customer relationship.  It is not editable from the incident form but will update upon record refresh.  Please note that this method will not update the IsVIP flag on the incident record.

1. Open the AdminUI
                    2. Open the Incident Object
                    3. Select Forms (from 2016.x the default form is called  Incident.CustomerOwnershipForm)
                    4. From the top left hand tree view browse the the Incident relationships and select FRS_CompositeContract_Contact (IncidentAssociatedCustomer) as show in the top left box above
                    5. Open the fields and drag the IsVIP field to your form
                    6. Click Save
                    7. Refresh your main UI (F5) and the new field will be on the incident object, change the employee VIP flag and click refresh on your incident object and it updates.

1 of 1 people found this helpful