9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2018 3:33 PM by Robyn

LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout

HolgerErnst Rookie

Hello,

i have found that there are problems with DEP Rollout from iOS 11 Devices relating to LanRev Server Version 7.4.

I can´t configure a new DEP device (in this case an iPod 6th gen.). I get a error message directly after i entered the WLAN access data.  The error message is simpy "Profile cannot be installed.

This is a big problem. Could you please fix it urgently with an update from LanRev.

Thank´s

Matthias Budak

• 1. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
          Rookie

Same problem here.  I'm running LANrev Admin 7.3.1 and the minute we updated an iPad Air, it lost communication with LANrev.  Hope this gets fixed soon.

YCUSD

Jeff Hodges

• 2. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
            jsmith1 Apprentice

LANrev 7.4 is not compatible with IOS 11 as it is. If your MDM server is running on Windows/IIS, there is a workaround that you can contact support for. Basically, you have to allow for TLS 1.2 connections.

However, if you're like me, with LANrev running on a Mac with lighttpd, tough luck.  At best, I can hope for compliance sometime in "early October". So much for zero day support.

• 3. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
              Rookie

Piss poor support. Time to migrate to another MDM solution that offers zero day support like Jamf Pro or ZuluDesk.

• 4. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
                jsmith1 Apprentice

Apple now has their core apps (Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Garagedband, iMovie) set as ios11 as a minimum requirement.

So for all of our users stuck at ios 10.x, those apps will no longer show up as available in the portal for download. Workaround is to manually push those apps to the users.

Ending week 3 of no compatibility. No response from support or management on a release date or offers of any compensation for lost productivity.

• 5. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
                  dwang30 Rookie

We are in LANRev 7.4 and MMD server running Windows/IIS. Even we allow for TLS 1.2 connections. We still have the problem for iOS 11. We can't use DEP to configure the Device. Got error "Profile installation Failed". The log shows

2017-10-06 18:49:51 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx POST /Profile/adepenrollment.mdm auth=1 443 - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx CloudConfiguration/1.0 401 0 0 374

2017-10-06 18:49:51 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx POST /Profile/adepenrollment.mdm auth=1 443 - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx CloudConfiguration/1.0 401 0 0 62

2017-10-06 18:49:51 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx POST /Profile/adepenrollment.mdm auth=1 443 - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx CloudConfiguration/1.0 401 0 0 78

Does anyone can help? Thanks in advance

• 6. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
                    Robyn Rookie

See this post I've linked below.  I had to follow all steps (we had installed the TLS 1.2 Windows update, but it still wasn't enabled).  I used the CryptoIIS tool and it was easy as pie to get working.  Don't forget to do this on both your LANrev inventory AND enrollment servers, or you won't be able to enroll devices.

Unable to communicate with iOS 11 devices

• 7. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
                      dwang30 Rookie

Thanks for the information. But we still have trouble for iOS 11. When we add "DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000 in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\Schannel\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Server]. The MDM server can't communicate with mobile device, no matter what iOS version

2017-10-12 18:56:17 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx PUT /MDM/checkin.mdm - 443 - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx MDM/1.0 500 0 64 60689

2017-10-12 18:56:20 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx PUT /MDM/checkin.mdm - 443 - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx MDM/1.0 500 0 64 61173

If only add "Enabled"=dword:00000001, MDM server can't communicate with mobile device lower iOS version than iOS 11

Does any one has any idea for this?

Thanks

• 8. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
                        John.Trovas SupportEmployee

When you enabled TLS 1.2, did you use the tool in the mentioned KB or did you use the Microsoft article and do it manually?

• 9. Re: LanRev 7.4 - iOS 11 - DEP Rollout
                          Robyn Rookie

John, I had to use CryptoIIS, because the Microsoft way did not work.  BTW, it didn't surface until this morning, but same overclocking with the server.  ;-(