3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2009 10:12 AM by MarkMcGinn

Report for one computer

Apprentice

I have created a query that will give me certain information about a computer that I need when it will be replaced with a new one. How do I run this query on a single computer without changing the query every time that I need to run it?

My ultimate goal would be to be able to run a report on a computer that is going to be replaced and have our install team be able to run this report on the computer that they are replacing with no action from me.

• 1. Re: Report for one computer
          Apprentice

Not quite sure whether you mean a query or a report here.

If you have a query with specific columns, then instead, you could just create a custom column set and make that publicly available - they could then drag it to their view and see the information.

If you mean a report, then in the console they can right-click a machine and choose to run an inventory report.

Mark McGinn

Verismic Software - http://www.verismic.com

Precision Engineering for Systems Management

Check Our New Power Manager Solution

• 2. Re: Report for one computer
            Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply.

As far as clicking on a machine, and selectiing 'Run Inventory Report', How do I select the report that I created. All I see is the standard caned reports, and none of my custome reports.

• 3. Re: Report for one computer
              Apprentice

Ah! Good point. Thought they'd fixed that but was wrong.     Only standard reports are listed in there.  Only way I can really see is a custom column set instead and then they can view that as a report, but it won't be quite as good.

Mark McGinn

Verismic Software - http://www.verismic.com

Precision Engineering for Systems Management

Check Our New Power Manager Solution