2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2009 4:22 PM by tfichtner

Figuring out which computer had a virus

tfichtner Apprentice

I was out of town for a few weeks. I came back and got behind in some of the reporting I do. In my April report I need to list any comptuers that had a virus. I then usually say LANDesk quarantined it and it was deleted. We might get one person a month where this happens.

I just ran the standard report "Top 5 viruses found, past 10 weeks." It shows that on April 12 someone got "Trojan-Downloader.BAT.Small.e."  However, this one isn't showing up anyplace else. The report is a graph and doesn't identify the host name of the machine.

In Security and Patch manager I clicked on Antivirus activity and status information and its not showing anything back that far.

So, how do I find out what computer this happened on? Is there a query I can do or a report I can run? Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Figuring out which computer had a virus
          LANDave SupportEmployee

This article may be of some use:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-5712

Several of the reports in the Antivirus activity tool require that the "Antivirus Updates" category be selected in the Scan and Repair settings for the Antivirus information to be reported per machine.

Please check that this is selected in the Scan and Repair settings that that computer is using.

• 2. Re: Figuring out which computer had a virus
            tfichtner Apprentice

The settings cited in the article are already in place.

It's not a matter that compturs aren't being scanned. They are. And the default reports provided in the Standard Reports are correct.

My issue is that the "Computers infected with viruses, past 10 weeks" report shows a graph. The graph indicates one of my machines had a virus on April 13th. It gives the name of the virus but not the host name of the machine.

I need to know which machine. Is there an easy way to find this?