6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 7:01 AM by ToQuentin

HowTo: Create an enduser in webdesk?

ToQuentin Rookie

Hello everybody,

Today I learned, that it isn't possible to create an enduser in Workspaces yet. I tried to configure webdesk to do that, without sucess.
      Can anyone give me a "how to create a shortcut to create an enduser in webdesk"?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: HowTo: Create an enduser in webdesk?
          Senta SupportEmployee

Hello ToQuentin,

the statement that you can't create an End-User in BridgeIT is not fully true by it self.

As and admin you can create any user type you want in the Administration part of Workspaces.

This is a recent feature and you might be on an older version. Please see screenshot below from my 2017.1 lab system.

2017-09-26_15-25-22.png

Regards

Ivanti Support

• 2. Re: HowTo: Create an enduser in webdesk?
            ToQuentin Rookie

Hi Senta,

you're right. I actually missed this setting. For your information: Originally, I wanted to place a link in the incident window to create an enduser automatically from free text fields.

Is it possible to give permission to create an account in Workspaces to an analyst?

Regards

Tobi

• 3. Re: HowTo: Create an enduser in webdesk?
              Senta SupportEmployee

Hello ToQuentin,

not in the same way as in Web Access where they could just click in the RaiseUser Link, but you could come up with a process which creates a user.

If this can be combined with your current process would be up to you and needs testing.

Thinkable is to create a collection of Type EndUser on your Process Object (e.g. Incident) and add the create action into your process to pick up the values from your text Fields.

In another action you then could use this new user to be set as the Raise User.

The only issue I see would be around timing, as new objects only get stored at the moment the Process stays put on a Status.

So putting these two actions right after each other might not work. But as said this would be up to a test anyways.

Regards

Ivanti Support

• 4. Re: HowTo: Create an enduser in webdesk?
                ToQuentin Rookie

Hi Senta,

my question regarding webdesk was not answered yet.

Can you tell me how to create a shortcut to create a new enduser?

Best regards

Tobi

• 5. Re: HowTo: Create an enduser in webdesk?
                  Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

If you want to create users in WebDesk:

1. In a process then you can do on any user related dropdown list though customary on the "Raise User" field. In Window Manager for that window just highlight the user field label and in the properties choose to "Show Hyperlink" and this'll unhide the optional property so set the "Subclass Type" such that only certain user types can be created.  Then at runtime you can just click the label to open the user form (if the user field is currently unpopulated).
                  2. Create a Query on the User object and add to a WebDesk shortcut groups as a system shortcut. When that query returns the list of users you can click anywhere in there and select "NEW"  to open a new empty user window.
                  3. Instead of creating a query just add a "process" system shortcut link to the shortcuts group and pick the System > End User or System > Analyst object.
                  4. Create a user via an automatic action in the process.   This one is possible but will take more instructions than I can put in a single sentence compared with the other options.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: HowTo: Create an enduser in webdesk?
                    ToQuentin Rookie

Hi Julian,

you rock... Thanks in advance...

Kindly regards

Tobi