2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2017 7:47 AM by YMoual

Automatically Linking a CI via a Request Offering?

CHendr Rookie

Hey gang,

We currently have a Service Request that has been built for printers to be serviced that utilizes a field within the SR parameters where a user can grab their particular CI from a pick list.  I know that we have the ability to manually link CI's to the SR via the CI tab - but due to the volume of requests the manual linkages are getting missed by our staff.  I would like to be able to build some sort of functionality that whenever a user selects the CI from the drop down list within the SR - the value within that request offering parameter automatically links the correct CI to the request.

All help is appreciated,

Charles

• 1. Re: Automatically Linking a CI via a Request Offering?
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

I'd think you could accomplish this by including a Search and Link quick action in the SR fulfillment workflow.

https://help.ivanti.com/ht/help/en_US/ISM/2017/Index.html#Configure/QuickActions/QuickActions/templates/Search and Link.htm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Automatically Linking a CI via a Request Offering?
            YMoual Apprentice

Hi Charles,

As Jonathan rightly mentioned, you will need a search and link rule or quick action to achieve this. If I understand you well, you want that when a user selects a CI from the request offering, this CI should automatically be linked to the SR.

If this is correct then you can do the following:

1. You will have to create a corresponding field in SR to contain the value of the CI selected in the request offering as the values in the request offering are stored in a different business object called Service Request Parameters. You can call this field in SR "ServiceRequestCI".

2. Add a workflow in your request offering to copy the value from the CI control in your request offering into the field ServiceRequestCI in SR:

3.  Add a triggered business rule in SR which will link the selected CI from the request offering to the SR. Below is how you can configure your business rule:

In the relationship drop down, select the exact relationship name which you created between SR and CI.

Hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful