2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 9:36 AM by IJU

List formatting in a Request Offering

sgillard Apprentice

I'm trying to "prettify" my request offerings and the list option looks archaic.   I get a lot of complaints on how the boxes show up in an offering.  People ask if there's a way to make them cross columns or something better.  I've tried the 2 and 3 columns approach which does nothing but move this same box.  I've also done 3 columns and then created individual check boxes for each item in a list.   That gets tiresome very fast with larger lists.  The Request offering layout seems very limited. Am I missing something?

Is there a way to edit this to look a modernized somehow?

using checkboxes and 3 columns:

• 1. Re: List formatting in a Request Offering
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

As far as I know there's no alternative display options on the List control.  I'd recommend you log this as a feature request / suggestion to our product management team.  Detail on the new User Voice portal for feature requests and product enhancement ideas is below:

================================================================================================================================

The functionality that you are looking for is not currently available in the product.  Our product management teams are always looking for new ideas to help us improve our products and we know the best ideas come from customers that use our products every day.

We would therefore encourage that you consider submitting a suggestion in our Feature Request portal via the Ivanti Community Ideas homepage

You can submit ideas and show support for ideas that other customers have submitted by voting for them. The more votes an idea receives, the more visibility it receives with our Product Management team. The Product Management team will evaluate all ideas that reach a voted point threshold. When there is an update on the status, an Ivanti product manager will reply to the idea or update the status so that all interested parties are notified. It is therefore key that you as a customer raise new or vote on exiting ideas to be kept looped in with future progress.

When you create an idea, please describe both the problem or pain you're experiencing as well as your suggested solution to that problem. It can also be useful to describe specifically how you would use the new feature if it were built, as well as how you are dealing with the problem today. The better your explanation and logic, the better your chances of attracting positive votes from other users and ensuring a response from Product Management.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: List formatting in a Request Offering
            IJU Apprentice

Hello,

Jonathan is right. You only have the options the list control gives you when you click on the orange pen.

Messing with the column settings just arranges the controls in 1 - 3 column designs. This does not change the look and feel of the controls itself.

Are you using on premise? Maybe you could mess with the style sheets if you can find them. But that's not supported. And in this case I doubt that you're going to find anything

Best regards

Immanuel Jungheim

Consultant

ITSM Group – Be Better.

www.itsmgroup.com