6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2017 7:38 AM by YMoual

Master & Slave Tenants Infrastructure

Pandor Apprentice

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up the master & slave tenants. I have not implemented this before and would like to know how to go about it.

Has anyone implemented this before,or perhaps come across a document detailing this as well as the infrastructure behind it.

At that, is it possible to host the slave and master tenants on one server.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Master & Slave Tenants Infrastructure
          florian1 Expert

I haven't seen any documentation about this feature apart from the internal help yet.

It's possible to host multiple tenants on one server as all Ivanti services are designed to support multi-tenant environments.

You can try something like this (in a non-production environment first!):

- Create a second Service Management tenant (with its own database!) using the Wizard.

Your ConfigDB should now contain 2 tenants:

- Restart all Ivanti Services+IIS to reflect those changes.

- Log in on tenant2, go to "Configure Application -> Security Controls > API Keys"

- Add a key group called "Master Tenants":

- Add an API Key

- Log in on tenant1, go to "Configure Application -> Organization Profile > Slave Tenants".Add your newly created API key and the Tenant URL (Login URL value).

- Follow the instructions in the help article.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Master & Slave Tenants Infrastructure
            Pandor Apprentice

Thank You very much florian1 .

Just a quick one,in the landscape type. I'm not quite sure which one two choose,any advise on that regard.

• 3. Re: Master & Slave Tenants Infrastructure
              YMoual Apprentice

Hi Florian,

Thanks very much for your  input. I tried setting up the master and slave tenants on one server as you described and I was successful.

I want to achieve this too with the master and slave tenants sitting on separate servers. I have setup everything as you described above. However, I get the following error when trying to import fields from the slave tenant as shown below:

Is there maybe something I am missing out when setting up the master and slave tenants which sit on different servers which will help resolve this issue?

Thank you.

• 4. Re: Master & Slave Tenants Infrastructure
                florian1 Expert

As there's no documentation out there I'm not sure.

But you can check if both tenants

- use the same landscape type (e.g. tenant1 = PROD, tenant2 = PROD)

- use the same ConfigDB (Not sure but I think they need to share it.)

- don't have any IP restrictions defined on API key level

Have a look at the trusted hosts in your ConfigDB as well.

Both servers' IP addresses (v4+v6) should be trusted.

• 5. Re: Master & Slave Tenants Infrastructure
                  florian1 Expert

Master + Slave need to have the same landscape set.

So if your master is "production" your slave should be "production" as well.

And don't forget to assign licenses in your HEATLicenseManager to each tenant.

Not sure how to license Master+Slave though. You should ask your technical account manager in this regard.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Master & Slave Tenants Infrastructure
                    YMoual Apprentice

Hi Florian,

Thanks very much. I figure this out. The master and slave have to be in the same server.

Thanks very much for your help.