Try hitting the http location itself in a webpage. The themes/Default.css folder won't show up, not even on a successful install. But using the url in a web page should return the css contents.
When hitting the URL directly I get a server side error referencing an inability to load 'libsasshost.Native-64.dll'
I started working with Ed in Support and here is what we've tried so far:
- Verified the existence of the above mentioned DLL
- Checked permissions on install directory/files and IIS processes.
- A number of IISRESETS / APP pool restarts. (Default APP pool tends to want to stop all the time)
- Ran Streams against the install directory
- downgraded .NET
- upgraded .NET -> 4.6
- Changed the authentication method to token only
No joy with any of these.
Fortunately I'm at a point were we can just start fresh.
So right now I'm working on a complete reinstall of EPM with some additional recommendations:
- Unblock Zip file before extracting
- Run streams against install directory after installing
- Immediately install 2017.SU1
Will update you on the progress...
Ok, reverted to a snapshot taken prior to the install and started over with the above recommendations. Still had the same problem.
After much fiddling I finally figured it out. I uninstalled all Visual C++ redistributables that we have on our reference image and reinstalled them prior to EPM installation ( 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 - x86/x64).
Something with that process seems to have done it. Everything is looking good on workspaces now.
Thanks for your help.