2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2017 8:41 AM by wynnb

Link CIs from Incident to Change

wynnb Apprentice

We noticed that when we link an Incident to a Change, any CIs linked to the Incident do not show linked in the Change as they do when you link a Problem to a Change (or Incident to Problem). A quick look showed that there is no rule to do this, so... add one - no problem.

Well, when I created one modeled after the existing "Link CIs from Problem to Change" rule it throws an expression error. The triggered rule runs on link of the relationship "IncidentAssociatesChange, with a Search and Link action with the relationship "ChangeAssociatedCI", where the CI - [Incident#.]RecId is equal to $([OtherObject]RecId). However, that expression throws an error saying "[OtherObject] cannot be used in this kind of expression".

Since this is exactly like the Problem to Change rule, I checked that one, and if I use the 'simplify' action on the expression I get the same error. Yet, it works - as does my new rule if I ignore the error and save it.

Can anyone explain what's going on here? Why would the rule action work if the expression "cannot be used"?

• 1. Re: Link CIs from Incident to Change
          YMoual Apprentice

Hi Bryan,

Not too sure why you are getting that error in your business rule. I tried this from my side and I was able to save my business rule without issues. See screenshots below of my business rule configurations:

Just double check again the expression which you entered.

If you still have the issue, please provide screenshots of your business rule.

• 2. Re: Link CIs from Incident to Change
            wynnb Apprentice

Yes, as I said, I can save the rule, but if I open the expression editor in the action definition and use the Simplify button, it shows the error. My rule is exactly like yours.