2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 7:17 AM by nyu

SR - Update Team to created by user's team

nyu Rookie

I need to route a service request to the user's team  who created it ('Created by' user's team). Current user functions do not work for this, as the ticket is created in a 3rd party service catalog and comes to HEAT.

In the service request offering l need to update the ServiceReq owner team to be that of created By users team.

Appreciate any help on this. Thanks

• 1. Re: SR - Update Team to created by user's team
          YMoual Apprentice

Hi,

If I understand you well, you want that when a user submits a request from the Service Catalog, HEAT should automatically assign this SR to the user who submitted it (i.e. the current logged in user). If that is correct then you can try the following:

1. Add 2 hidden controls in your request offering (read only text controls). These hidden controls will store the current user's team as well as login id which will be used to update the SR team and owner fields when a request is submitted.

2. The first control can be called "Current User Team" which will set the current user's default team:

It is a function which you can drag and drop from the "Current User Functions" on the right panel in the screenshot above.

3. The second control can be called "Current User Login Id" which will set the current user's login id (note that the SR Owner field) displays the name but stores the login id.

It is a function which you can drag and drop from the "Current User Functions" on the right panel in the screenshot above.

4. Add a workflow which will update the SR's team and owner fields from the controls in the submitted request:

5. You can have another update block which will update the status to Submitted since the system sets the status of SR to Active the moment an owner is set:

6. The workflow will look like this:

I hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SR - Update Team to created by user's team
            nyu Rookie

Thank you for the response. Will try it out.