1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 10:09 AM by michael.odriscoll

Fulfillment items and packages

DTurner Expert

Hello!

Would someone be able to explain the concept of fulfillment items and packages to me?

I have been trawling the Admin guide but parts of it seem to refer to things that are not how our system works. I should note that we do not use DSM but I believe I can utilise these objects to work alongside service requests efficiently.

Specifically when looking at the fulfillment item fields, there are link fields with no relationship specifier and no initialisation rules or triggered actions which I can see that would change this. My understanding is that the package should be a template of sorts which should then create an item that is actually worked on; the package is the blueprint for the item so to speak i.e. a 1:M relationship.

I think I should be able to make this work as I would like it but it would be nice to know the default intention for this and how it works.

Thanks

EDIT: Whilst I don't think my understanding of the concept of fulfillment items was wrong, I do think my technical understanding was. Perhaps in haste, I started creating fields and mapping workflows etc. I have further looked into this and after looking at the OOTB 'Frequent Traveller Setup' offering, a lot of things now make sense:

• How packages are selected
      • How fulfillment items are created
      • How tasks are created from task catalog

It feels like a lot of this was the 'missing link' to understanding how this all fits together.

This is still early days and my understanding is fairly conceptual at the moment so I have some further testing to do on this, but I would be happy to discuss this with anyone who was, perhaps, in a similar situation as I previously was.

The following section of the guidance may help: https://help.ivanti.com/ht/help/en_US/ISM/2017/Index.html#ServiceDesk/ServiceRequest/MultiItemRequests/Working with Multi_Item_Requests.htm

Declan