2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2017 6:33 AM by tralveller

LANDesk 2017.1.1 SWD: batch installation package don't show GUI application

Rookie

Hello at all,

at the office we use

LANDesk Management Suite 2017.1.1

I created a batch, where is opening a application GUI with additional information for the logged on end user:

START User_Wait_Message_x64.exe

and tested by using psexec in system user context, it worked fine.

This batch is as a batch installation package at LANDesk inbounded.

At deployment I recognized that the applications is started and shown in process manager, but the GUI will not shown by loggod on user.

How can show the user the GUI of this application during package installation?

P.S.: the only alternative way I now try is during package installation to create a scheduled task and start the task,

Thanks a lot for feedback

kind regards

Tralveller

• 1. Re: LANDesk 2017.1.1 SWD: batch installation package don't show GUI application
          Tanner Lindsay SupportEmployee

In the task configuration, have you configured it to show the full UI to the end user? Be default it normally hides UI elements.

• 2. Re: LANDesk 2017.1.1 SWD: batch installation package don't show GUI application
            Rookie

Hello tanner,

Thanks for feedback.

hmm, It seems something like that... but the admins may don't know it.. I don't know, too

In the meantime I performed a workaround.

During batch script I create a scheduled task which includes the GUI application to start and defined the account for running the scheduled task as local "users" group. This mean, that task will started under current logged on user.

Example:

ECHO Task which starts the GUI at current User Display

REM

ECHO Create scheduled task

REM On english OS

SCHTASKS /CREATE /TN "GUI_APP" /TR "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe '/C START C:\Temp\GUI_APP.exe'" /RU USERS /SC ONCE /sd 01/01/2001 /st 00:00 /F 2>&1

REM On german OS, cause in our case english "users" value will not recognized as local build-in user group, so first SCHTASKS /CREATE will fail and script continuing..

SCHTASKS /CREATE /TN "GUI_APP" /TR "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe '/C START C:\Temp\GUI_APP.exe'" /RU BENUTZER /SC ONCE /sd 01/01/2001 /st 00:00 /F 2>&1

ECHO ^=^> Done..

ECHO\

ECHO Start GUI

SCHTASKS /RUN /TN "GUI_APP" 2>&1

ECHO ^=^> Done..

ECHO\

ECHO Wait 5 seconds

REM Waiting for secure to make sure that Start of Scheduled Task is finished

PING 127.0.0.1 -n 6 >NUL

ECHO ^=^> Done..

ECHO\

ECHO ^=^> Delete Scheduled Task

SCHTASKS /DELETE /TN "GUI_APP" /F  2>&1

ECHO ^=^> Done..

Problem resolved.

Kind regards

Tralveller

1 of 1 people found this helpful