3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2017 2:11 AM by eandisbvb

Escalation Shedule for a Next Business Day (NBD) SLA

simacit Apprentice

Hi,

how do you set up an Escalation Schedule to represent a NBD agreement

NBD means that a ticket logged today has to be solved by the end of tomorrow, independent of the logging time. A NBD agreement ususally runs in a Weekly HOP Hours of Operation.

I theory I can solve this by

1. start a clock with a breach after 10 hours running in a 24/7 Hours of Operation. If the ticket is not solved the same day, the clock will breach in the evening or night, outside the Weekly HOP Hours of Operation.

2. The breach of the clock will start the real Resolution Escalation clock, which will run for the number of hours of the working day in a Weekly HOP Hours of Operation. This makes the clock only start ticking on the start of the next business day.

3. Is the ticket resolved in that day, it will stop. If not Resolution will be breached at the end of the working day.

How can i implement this in HEAT? Do I have to work with a secondary clock?

Kind regards

René

• 1. Re: Escalation Shedule for a Next Business Day (NBD) SLA
          eandisbvb Apprentice

Hi René,

If the end time and the timezone of the HOP are always the same, you can use a simple formula for this.

So, if your HOP ends every night at 18h you can use the following:

$(AddWorkingDays("8 to 6",

AddMinutes(1,

AddHours(-6,  EndOfDay(0,  CurrentDateTime(),  "Europe/Brussels")))))

So I add 1 working days according to a HOP called 8 to 6. Normally this takes the identical time as the currentdatetime on the next business day. In your case  you want END of business day so you need to add an extra

parameter to the addworkingdays function which is the end time of the current day. In my example this is 18h, so i just take endofday - 6 hours.

This function always gives you next business days 18h.

Regards,

Bram

• 2. Re: Escalation Shedule for a Next Business Day (NBD) SLA
            simacit Apprentice

Thanks Bram

Looks good, but where do I have to apply this formula in an Escalation Schedule, I see only entries for fixed number of days, hours and minutes

Regards

René

• 3. Re: Escalation Shedule for a Next Business Day (NBD) SLA
              eandisbvb Apprentice

Hi René,

You have to put this expression in a field and then regulate your escalation by field in stead of fixed duration.

I use an initialization rule based on currentdate but you could also use other types of rules based on creationdate.

Good luck

1 of 1 people found this helpful