2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2017 3:58 PM by ccrispin

Custom 'New Service Request Received' Quick Action

ccrispin Apprentice

Hi Everyone

I have a need to customise the above notification for certain service request types.

So for instance if a customer enters an expense claim I need a specific message/notification to be sent as notification to the customer that the expense claim has been received.

I only have 2 or 3 SR Offerings that require specific messages but I dont know how to tell the workflow to identify which service offering are being used and therefore to tailor the message to the specific SR offering

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Custom 'New Service Request Received' Quick Action
          jackie1 Rookie

Hello ccrispin,

You can trythe following:

1) Create a new boolean field in ServiceReq called "SendCustomNotification"

2) The fulfillment method of the Request Offering templates of those service request types should be workflow. Then create a workflow with three blocks: Start, Update and Stop. The update block should set the value of the field " "SendCustomNotification"" to true.

3) In the "New Service Request workflow", (on the Servicereq object), after the start block, add an if block which checks if the value of the field  "SendCustomNotification" is true or not. If it is true, it should send the custom notification. If not, it should send the "normal new Service Request Received" notification.

Hope this helps

• 2. Re: Custom 'New Service Request Received' Quick Action
            ccrispin Apprentice

Thanks jackie1 - That's a great suggestion and really simple.