9 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2018 4:29 PM by bdleedy

Problems trying to run powershell command "Import-StartLayout" from Endpoint Manager task

bhaakensen Rookie

I'm working on getting our Windows 10 image ready for provisioning.  Per documentation around the Internet you generate an xml file and run the Import-StartLayout command to import it.  Whenever I try to run it via a provisioning task I get the following error:

The term 'Import-StartLayout' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

If I run this manually as myself or as Local System from a powershell prompt it works fine.  But when it runs through any Endpoint Manager task it fails with this error.  I found someone having a similar issue here Run powershell and DISM in OS provisioning  but when I try the steps listed here I can't get past this error.  I've tried running the command directly as a provisioning task, creating a distribution package as a powershell or batch script, and running the task as Local System, a domain admin user, or the currently logged in user.  I've also tried adding the Import-Module StartLayout listed in the bottom comment and that also doesn't work.  I'm at a loss at this point on what to do there.  Is there something about running Powershell scripts via Endpoint Manager here that I am missing?  I've tried this on Windows 10 1703 and 1709 and both do this.  We are running Endpoint Manager 2016.3.