5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 7:41 AM by ALandl

Knowledge Approval through My Item

ALandl Apprentice

Hi All,

I am trying to set up approval for knowledge documents, but none of the details on the form are populated when the approval is viewed from self service using the My Item workspace. It is linking to the approval properly though, because the approve and deny buttons work fine.

Screenshot below.

Any Ideas?

• 1. Re: Knowledge Approval through My Item
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

I've tried this with OOTB demo data and the form fills out as expected.  Are you on premise or cloud based?  What version are you running (if on prem)?  Has this ever worked?  Have you logged a ticket with support?

• 2. Re: Knowledge Approval through My Item
            ALandl Apprentice

We are running version 2015.2.2000.13866 on premise.

This is the first time I have tried setting this up. I did log a case with support originally, but I was told that "If this has never worked, then this would still be in the realms of customization / design and not within our bounds of support.". They did provide some information as to how the relationship should be set up, but from what I can see it all looks the same as the relationships that are in place for other objects like incident.

• 3. Re: Knowledge Approval through My Item
              ALandl Apprentice

I have resolved this issue. Permissions on the self service roles were blocking knowledge documents that were not published.

• 4. Re: Knowledge Approval through My Item
                virlez Rookie

Hi Alandl,

I have the same problem , form was empty whith self service mobile ;-(

However object permission are ok .

Can you tell me what to you do to resolved this issue please ?

• 5. Re: Knowledge Approval through My Item
                  ALandl Apprentice

I am actually working on setting up the new self service view for our business at the moment. This might not be relevant to you but the "self service mobile" role showed blank approvals like this:

I have resolved this by removing the restrictions for the FRS_Knowledge object for that role.

I have another different problem with the approvals in the new self service view though. Some roles that could see approvals in the old view cannot see them in the new one, others roles can though. I cannot for the life of me figure out where this is set.